Seasonic M12II Evo 850 - DEAD!

Man of Honour
Now that OCUK finally sells them, the EVGA GQ 650w is a very good psu. It's cheaper than the Superflower and is a extra 100w. The downside is that it's semi-modular but only the 20+4 pin is hard wired so you will be using that anyway. It's built by FSP and also has a 5 year warranty. There is a review here.

It's also worth noting that EVGA has a UK rma centre.

Associate
OP
Well I went and got the superflower leadox gold 550 on the way home from work

Seeing as EVGA G2 is a superflower unit and the reviews of the leadox were good I thought it was a decent choice. 5 year warranty will do too.

Will keep the invoice for this though and will just return it to OC shop if it fails in that time!

I was also looking at the toms hardware PSU tier listings and the superflower was a tier 1 along with the EVGA G2 but it seemed that corsair RM was a Tier 3?

Thanks for all the input anyhow guys

Man of Honour
The Toms hardware tier list hasn't been updated for over a year and the RM on there is the original. Since then we have had the RMx series (which Lee recommended) and the RMi series. The RMx series are probably one of the best psu's that Corsair sells and consistantly scores very high in all reviews.

Bookmark this site. It's a excellent source of information on psu's and links to reviews and is always being updated.

Associate
OP
Cheers for that link. Will keep that

The toms hardware list stated updated June 2016?

Pleased so far with the Leadox. Seems to be quieter than the seasonic.

Back
Top Bottom