Seasonic RMA experience

Associate
Thought I'd post about a recent SeaSonic RMA experience, this was a Seasonic SSR-550FX with 10 years warranty.

I'm not the original owner of this, original sale June 2018, and bought by me in March 2024.

Timeline:

August 4th - raised RMA request on Seasonic's website, writing that I tried to swap the PSU to a known working machine and it still didn't work
August 4th - 6 hours later on a Sunday morning, they accept the RMA and send me details as to where to post it
August 4th - I drop it off with Evri
August 7th - Evri tells me there is damage to the parcel... it wasn't insured and I thought I'd be SOL... I contact them to tell them to deliver anyway
August 9th - Evri claims delivery
August 13th - Seasonic sends email saying parcel received
August 13th - 2 hours 40 minutes later, Seasonic advises replacement on the way. They give me a FedEx tracking number.
August 13th - 2 hours later, FedEx has the parcel. It's in Germany, with an expected delivery date on Monday.

So far, kind of impressed.

Nice to hear a good rma experience for a change :)
Yeah, I was genuinely impressed.. like, I had previously generally regarded as Seasonic as "too rich for me" and only bought it because it was a reasonable price preowned, but this experience has really sold me on them.

Seasonic are ok if you have money to burn :) You can get other brand power supplies that are Seasonic made for less, or just buy something from CWT i.e. Corsair. Think they still have UK RMA ? Used to be in Bolton.
Well, the point was that I was impressed by their after sales service. If I went with a different vendor, I'd get a different after sales service.

Back
Top Bottom