Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply

Associate
Hi guys....strange request, just bought one of these psu's ....and was looking at the power connector and noticed that there is a pin missing ..pin 16 i think, the one in front of the light gray wire, could anyone with this psu do me a massive favour and have a look at yours to confirm this for me....just seems strange as i just checked a spare cheapo psu i have..and it has all the wires and pins.

Kind Regards Nat

Associate
will work fine with a X2 3800

I have my seasonic s12 runnig a dfi sli-dr expert, x1900xtx, and a X2 4400+ overclocked to 2.75 so will run fine with that mate.

Permabanned
Shocky-FM said:
Got mine today, and the volts arent great. 12V is only 11.58 !! Ouch ! I'm hoping its an incorrect reading..

If your using software then its WAY WAY off, thats a great PSU.

Permabanned
Noni said:
If your using software then its WAY WAY off, thats a great PSU.

They were not false readings, system started bluescreening when playing games, PSU couldnt handle it... yet a 550w antec truepower can... Refund time !! :mad:

Associate
how can you think this, i have it running a dfi lanparty sli-dr expert, x2 4400+ oc to 2.75, x1900xtx, 4 hard drives n a dvd rw an i can play for hours on end no bsod!

Permabanned
nyzrox said:
how can you think this, i have it running a dfi lanparty sli-dr expert, x2 4400+ oc to 2.75, x1900xtx, 4 hard drives n a dvd rw an i can play for hours on end no bsod!

Errr, the bluescreens and low rails definately don't inspire me with confidence in the S12's ability...

kbc

kbc

Associate
Low rails? Don't take the software readings of the rails too seriously, for real accuracy use a proper volt reader as opposed to sensors. Speedfan is reporting 11.78 for my S12 600W PSU and it's stable.

ray

ray

Associate
Sorry to hear about your problem, Shocky-FM. As some people have said, you've probably got a faulty unit.

I've just installed my Seasonic this morning and, so far, no problems yet (touch wood).

Hope you'll get your problem sorted.

Ray.

Last edited:
Permabanned
ray said:
Sorry to hear about your problem, Shocky-FM. As some people have said, you've probably got a faulty unit.

I've just installed my Seasonic this morning and, so far, no problems yet (touch wood).

Hope you'll get your problem sorted.

Ray.

Yep, Just received my RMA number so will be returned for a refund first thing next week.. Its either a dodgy unit or its incompatible with my motherboard, either way its last time I touch any seasonic products..

Low rails? Don't take the software readings of the rails too seriously, for real accuracy use a proper volt reader as opposed to sensors. Speedfan is reporting 11.78 for my S12 600W PSU and it's stable.

Wasnt just low rails, it was blue screening left right and centre whenever any serious load was applied to it..

Associate
to be honest, Seasonic are decent manufacturers, i wouldn't never touch someones product again just because it was faulty! if your lookign for an alternative try one of the FSP PSUs :)

Permabanned
brightside_ said:
to be honest, Seasonic are decent manufacturers, i wouldn't never touch someones product again just because it was faulty! if your lookign for an alternative try one of the FSP PSUs :)

Good enough reason for me never to buy one again. :p Plenty of other manufacturers.. no point buying from one if your only experience with them has been a faulty product.

Back
Top Bottom