Second Attempt (BUT STABLE)

Associate
New Overclock

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Dieago Clocked @ 2.7Ghz Standard Cooling
(Now stable for 10+ hours, this is before I stopped the tests this morning)
CPU Frequency 225
CPU Multiplier X12
DDR Voltage 2.60V - 2.70V (seems faster with higher voltage though)
CPU Voltage (Vcore) 1.450V (more stable than standard 1.400V)
Hyper Transport Frequency Set to X4 (FSB 900)

GEIL 2GB RAM PC3200 at 2-3-3-6 with ½ Divider running @ 200Mhz

My first attempt as I’m sure a lot of you know kept failing Prime95 within a matter of seconds…a lot of you gave advise and a few good tips an ideas although none worked at keeping the system stable @ 2.92Ghz on standard cooling. Regardless of RAM timings, CPU voltage or DDR Voltage all attempts failed…I ran memory tests out of windows before overclocking for at least 6 hours, no errors were found. I can safely say that with only a few days of hands on experience I can tell you that to truly have a stable system you have to have stable RAM, Which the GEIL 2GB setup isn’t. I’ve read reviews on the net saying there is no way of getting these modules past 214Mhz on any latency settings. Even with a divider I find it hard to find a stable Overclock that allows Prime95 to run for more than 5 minutes without a fatal error. The highest Overclock with this set of RAM modules is with a 2/3 Divider running @ 266Mhz with a latency setting of 3-4-4-8…but I wanted a lower latency there for the only stable setting was with ½ Divider running @ 200Mhz with latency’s of 2-3-3-6.

I hope the above is not all gobbly gup, and that it all actually means something?? Its my first attempt at getting a stable system and I hope what I’ve wrote is to point an more so correct in theory.

Thanks guys for any help…future overclocks will be attempted, keeping you posted I shall.

Back
Top Bottom