• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Associate
Been keeping an eye on second hand prices as i look for a new GPU. I have a Sapphire vega64 nitro+ . One just went through auction at £420 inc postage ... That's insane. It's what i paid for mine new!!!

Associate
OP
One consequence of no gpu's is no sales of other components. Which i have noticed slowly going down in price. Well zen3 anyway a 5600x can be had for £280. Oops Just checked out of stock but they seem to have a steady flow! Also the 5800x has dropped about £30 over the last couple of weeks if you look around! pales in significance when compared to the GPU insanity though .

Associate
OP
I use Facebook groups to sell things these days. Being in London i have a vast amount of people close enough to get rid of most stuff for cash . So no Ebay/paypal tax!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The second hand market has a life of its own. In some ways it is overtaking the new market. I have seen my vega64 go for as much as £430. But this morning i could have bought a new Gigabyte RTX 3700 for £580. My freesync2 monitor has a firmware issue with Gsync otherwise i would have bought one .

Associate
OP
This is the issue I have with eBay, the potential for fraud is massive and eBay themselves seem to have a very much buyer biased outlook to life and just refund buyers with a lot of the time no questions asked leaving sellers in the complete lurch. The horror stories I have heard of people getting sent back supposedly "faulty" cards and its actually not even the one that they sent, but some swines broken card which you have kindly now replaced for free totally puts me off

I mean people are bidding!! £900+ for Radeon VII cards which is mind bending!

I always put a picture of the serial number in the add. That way they can't send back a different item! That also means that fraudsters won't bid on it. Hopefully!

Associate
OP
High value items i only sell cash on collection and i prefer to use Facebook marketplace as there are no charges. Ebay has become so dodgy over the last couple of years i wont take the chance. Even if it means waiting longer to sell or taking a slightly lower price!

Associate
OP
Guy came round this morning a collected my vega 65 paying £350 cash sold on facebook market place. He told me he was giong to add it to his mining farm. He also said that he had been buying cards from overclockers for his farm..

Associate
OP
Vega 64's going for over £500 on the bay. So glad i got mu new card and got a decent price for my Vega 64(though not £500). I can just sit back and smile at this stupidity now!!

Back
Top Bottom