• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Associate
Been keeping an eye on second hand prices as i look for a new GPU. I have a Sapphire vega64 nitro+ . One just went through auction at £420 inc postage ... That's insane. It's what i paid for mine new!!!

Soldato
Yup the gpu market is all screwed up at the moment. If you've managed to get a card at a normal price previously i'd keep it and use it as getting a replacement would be extremely difficult at rrp.

Associate
I was lucky enough to recently get a 3080FE so put up my 5700 up on eBay and ended up getting £80 more than what I paid for it new in March!

Caporegime
It does offset the stupid prices for new cards If they can be found. Spending £800 on a GPU would have seemed totally mad a couple of months ago,but is somebody wants to give me £400 for my old one! Not so mad?
Exactly.

If I can snag a 3080 fe when they come back in stock, I'll be sticking my vega 56 up on the mm here and elsewhere and I will be asking the market rate now, defo won't be letting it go for any less, especially when it's matching a nvidia 1080 these days.

Soldato
I noticed that even CeX are getting in on the gouging. They were a good place to get relatively cheap used cards for years (with warranty too), but have massively increased the price of everything over the past few months. And they're still sold out of almost every card, so I guess you can't blame them if people are willing to pay those sort of prices.

Associate
Got to Agree, i sold my 1080ti Strix a few days ago for £450 no issue ... the fact it went within an hour of me listing it up tells me demand is ridiculous or i should have listed it for more money ;) crazy times we are in :eek:

Associate
I am planning to sell my MSI GTX 1070 in perfect condition for ~£220-270 in a couple of weeks. I see plenty of demand on eBay.

It was originally purchased for ~£400. :rolleyes:

Soldato
It's the miners. The price of bitcoin is at an all time high so people are going crazy trying to build mining rigs. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Mining sohuld be banned since it puts a huge load on electricity production as well as push prices up for pc components.I don't think Governments can get any tax out of it either.

Soldato
I am planning to sell my MSI GTX 1070 in perfect condition for ~£220-270 in a couple of weeks. I see plenty of demand on eBay.

It was originally purchased for ~£400. :rolleyes:
I only got £190 for my 1070 back in November, so prices are on the up. Mind you, only paid £370 for it.... thats when you could get a decent gpu at a sensible price!

Soldato
Some people are just full of stupid.... I have been watching a couple of AV amps, and they £430 new, and someone on ebay bid a second hand one upto £450.....

Associate
Wow.. and I sold my 1080 Ti FTW Hybrid for £320 bought it for £280 and didn't exactly rip someone off.. not bad I feel. Think I'm done with computers now, I will wait till I can get my hands on a ps5 and call it quits. I have 100s of games on pc and I'm always stuck at what to play whereas my ps4 I have a select few games that I seem to have much more fun on!

Permabanned
It's the miners. The price of bitcoin is at an all time high so people are going crazy trying to build mining rigs. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Mining sohuld be banned since it puts a huge load on electricity production as well as push prices up for pc components.I don't think Governments can get any tax out of it either.

Interesting thing is that if you listen to the financial experts they are saying that investing in cards is a bad plan because while the currencies justify it right now, they are expecting the bubble to at least deflate shortly. That may mean that paying scalped prices for a card is not such a good idea because you won't even get to break even before the $/day collapses. course the experts have been wrong before now. No one really knows what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom