Second Monitor

Associate
Hi

Just some quick advice please. On my current setup I have a 3440 x 1440 monitor and want a seperate monitor just for Skygo and spotify etc whilst im gaming on the other. I know how to setup dual monitors etc however I just want a cheap second monitor about 24 inch for the sky app etc. I sthere any problem with running my main monitor at 3440 x 1440 at 120hz and a second one at say 1920 x 1080 at 60hz ?

Any advice or problems pointed out with that scenario greatly appreciated

Associate
there are some problems ... but there are also workarounds...
the most common one is to run your high refresh monitor from your gpu and secondary monitor of your IGPU (if you have it )

Associate
OP
I havent bought the second yet so if i got it 120hz to match the other would that resolve any problems?

Excuse my ignoreance I dont know what an IGPU is

Does one being ultra widescreen and the other not cause an issue or is it just the hz

Permabanned
I don't know of any problems. I have run two monitors for many years at different refresh rates and sync types and never seen an issue.

Associate
Hi

Just some quick advice please. On my current setup I have a 3440 x 1440 monitor and want a seperate monitor just for Skygo and spotify etc whilst im gaming on the other. I know how to setup dual monitors etc however I just want a cheap second monitor about 24 inch for the sky app etc. I sthere any problem with running my main monitor at 3440 x 1440 at 120hz and a second one at say 1920 x 1080 at 60hz ?

Any advice or problems pointed out with that scenario greatly appreciated

I don't know of any problems. I have run two monitors for many years at different refresh rates and sync types and never seen an issue.

+1 to this.

I'm using a 144hz and a 60hz right now.
They're independent, I've used all sorts of mixtures of panel and brands..

Associate
OP
ok thanks guys just for simplicity ill go for 120hz. I take it when its just for music and tv cheap and cheerful is best as will never game on it. And i presume if my memory is right you just go to nvidia control panel and setup a second monitor been a long time since i used a second one but if I remember right its pretty easy

Soldato
No problem here either running 100Hz + 60Hz

You may come across the odd game that doesn't like to go full screen with a 2nd monitor but I've not had this problem with any recent games I've played.

Also works with G-sync on the main monitor and non-gsync if you have that.

Permabanned
ok thanks guys just for simplicity ill go for 120hz. I take it when its just for music and tv cheap and cheerful is best as will never game on it. And i presume if my memory is right you just go to nvidia control panel and setup a second monitor been a long time since i used a second one but if I remember right its pretty easy

Just plug the second monitor in and windows will use it. The only thing you may get is that windows takes this as the primary monitor. Then you need to go to display setup and select the correct primary monitor. Each of the settings is available under windows. Refinements are available under the nvidia control panel. Personally I move the task bar to the second monitor ( drag and drop it to the second monitor ), it's kinda useful to have it out the way no matter what you are doing. Then you can access other things easily while your main monitor is gaming or full-screen photo editing or whatever. Also gives you a little more room on your primary monitor.

Associate

Don't go for a crap 120hz when for the same money you could get a better 60hz.
Get an IPS panel as you don't care about response time and the colour is better.

Back
Top Bottom