Secret Labs TITAN or Noblechairs HERO?

Soldato
Why are most offices not full of herman miller, steel case etc. chairs then?

It's nothing to do with how good they are, and all to do with budget. It makes far more sense financially to buy 100 £50 chairs and replace the odd one which breaks, than to buy 100 £1000 chairs and have a couple replaced under warranty

Associate
Why are most offices not full of herman miller, steel case etc. chairs then?

It's nothing to do with how good they are, and all to do with budget. It makes far more sense financially to buy 100 £50 chairs and replace the odd one which breaks, than to buy 100 £1000 chairs and have a couple replaced under warranty

many are? I’ve worked for many large firms like Barclays, virgin, npower etc and used a variety of HM, steelseries, human scale, Sentinel, humanscale chairs. Go to any corporate auction or website that is reselling office furniture and these are the sort of brands you will see regularly, the cost of a £50 vs a £350 chair is immaterial and frankly shows your ignorance in this area because the cost of an employee going on sick with back issues caused by a terrible chair will number tens of thousands of pounds and corporate supply contracts don’t see them paying anywhere near consumer retail prices, so it’s not like they have to pay that much - They don’t even have to cost £1000, £500, even £300, economies of scale and corporate contracts mean they pay hardly anything compared to a consumer and get regular service contracts rather than buying new. The annualised cost of a task chair that will last 8-10+ years and mean they are covered from a health and safety perspective is piecemeal compared to risking it on a £50 “executive” pleather chair from a shop like staples. As I said you may get small businesses going that route and very few medium to large firms will be using consumer grade £50 chairs, would cost them a fortune in the long run buying and replacing individual chairs

secretlabs even runs their own brand in this space, neuchair or something, which is a very pale imitation of a quality task chair.

Associate
many are? I’ve worked for many large firms like Barclays, virgin, npower etc and used a variety of HM, steelseries, human scale, Sentinel, humanscale chairs. Go to any corporate auction or website that is reselling office furniture and these are the sort of brands you will see regularly, the cost of a £50 vs a £350 chair is immaterial and frankly shows your ignorance in this area because the cost of an employee going on sick with back issues caused by a terrible chair will number tens of thousands of pounds and corporate supply contracts don’t see them paying anywhere near consumer retail prices, so it’s not like they have to pay that much - They don’t even have to cost £1000, £500, even £300, economies of scale and corporate contracts mean they pay hardly anything compared to a consumer and get regular service contracts rather than buying new. The annualised cost of a task chair that will last 8-10+ years and mean they are covered from a health and safety perspective is piecemeal compared to risking it on a £50 “executive” pleather chair from a shop like staples. As I said you may get small businesses going that route and very few medium to large firms will be using consumer grade £50 chairs, would cost them a fortune in the long run buying and replacing individual chairs

secretlabs even runs their own brand in this space, neuchair or something, which is a very pale imitation of a quality task chair.

Should come see my companies offices then lol

Cheapest chairs possible - I had to pester them to get me a better chair for my back after an operation and the one they turned up with was an improvement but still nowhere near as nice to sit on as my Noble.

Now im working from home I can sit in the same place for 12hrs+ and not be uncomfortable

OcUK Staff
If you buy noblechairs from Overclockers UK, you have the 30 day comfort guarantee, so it gives you that extra peace of mind. I don't think Secretlab offer anything like that.

Associate
Just had my Scretlab Titan arrive and its great, night and day compared to the rubbish chair I bought a year ago. No opportunity to try either so just a case of looking at the reviews and comments and taking the plunge... Dead easy to put together, build quality is great and the adjustments just really work for me.

So far I am loving it, just have to see how it ages at 8 hours or so a day!

Back
Top Bottom