Section 3

Associate
hi bit of a long one by need advice.

I had to divert down country lanes due to a road closure. I’d gone past my passing place, saw an oncoming car so obviously went on the brakes. I even went up the verge to try and make space for said car. Basically we’d clipped wing mirrors. I was on my own so decided to carry on up the road to somewhere I felt was a safe place to stop when the car followed me flashing their lights (I waved me hands to show i was intending to pull over)
Me and the lady had disagreed with who was to blame so in the end I gave her my number and told her to call me and we would sort out the cost of damage. She called me 10 mins after I gave her my details, I told her a couple of days was fine for her to get back to me and left it at that. She’s reported me to the police for careless driving. I have paid for the damaged wing mirror (£41) and now have the police wanting to know all my details and give a statement. I’m now worried I’m going to end up getting fined, points, court even though I thought I did the right thing and paid for it to be fixed. Does anyone have any help on this matter? Or help with what’s best to put on the statement? Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
It was a single track road with passing places but I had already gone past mine when I had seen her. That’s when I went on my brakes and slowly went up the verge to allow room

Associate
OP
It was a 60 but as I didn’t know the road well I was doing 30. Purely cos I don’t like not knowing where I am or how the roads are. Her wing mirror had built in indicators and that’s what broke. Damage on mine was very small paint scuff. Think she was more ****** cos I didn’t stop on the single track road and went to someone’s drive that I felt was a safer option being a single track

Associate
OP
I keep thinking back to it and I personally don’t believe she slowed or attempted to stop for me to be able to stop enough to reverse back

Associate
OP
I just don’t want the stress of it all that’s why I just said I’d pay for the damage but now feel like that’s made me look guilty

Back
Top Bottom