Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Associate
As you can see from this thread some of us are wanting to move our crunchers from whichever projects we currently do over to Seti Classic one last time.

Seti Classic was what got me into DC and what got me onto this forum. I expect that's also the case for a large amount of Team OcUK members. If you'd like to join us for one last push on classic, please post your name in this thread, along with how many cpus you can donate.. It would be nice to see how many of us do this and how many crunchers we can get onto (TM) The Push! :D

I would suggest we aim to move over asap, just to do as much as we can!

If you need to download the client again, here's a link to a page with SHEDLOADS of seti classic clients! (thanks go to KE1HA for that link)

If you remember the program SetiSpy, you'll remember just how useful it is. You can download a version from here :D

SetiDriver, another useful little SETI app can be found here. This app allows for multiple instances of the client to run on multiCPU machines, plus caching of WUs if you're still in the dark ag...... On dialup :p

If you can't remember your user account, you'll find my SETI mail address is the same as my MSN address. View my forum profile, You'll find that address in trust :) (sorry about not posting it here, but I don't want unregistered members etc getting hold of it!)

So here we go, consider this ME joining up with at least 325 pc's. I'll have to see about the 100 odd laptops tomorrow!

On the home front, I've now set this list crunching on classic :-
1x Media PC (Sempron 2600+)
1x Laptop (Centrino 1.4GHz)
1x Tablet PC (Celeron 1.6GHz)
1x Mac Mini (1.4GHz)

Currently rebuilding my desktop PC (Pentium 4 3.6) which'll be done soon.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Biffa said:
I've re-putup the SetiRemote script package

Unfortunately the SR script didn't work for me, there's 400+ machines in pcnames.txt and it can't seem to handle it! :rolleyes:

Manual install done on 205 machines so far........

My fingers burn!!!! :eek: :(

Associate
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
It looks like some folks are waiting to take the SETI bran. Mr. Sammael has 200+ CPUs but only turned in 301 WUs since The Push began. I'm hoping for a 1000+ WU dump. :D

Unfortunately it seems a lot of my machines were busy folding still after I installed S@H. Folding has been removed from the machines, so now all machines should be crunching. Only did this at about 9 this morning though!!

I'm looking at adding more instances of S@H on the machines that are multiCPU capable, like the P4's and the 3 XEON Dual CPU servers! :D

Associate
OP
Sorry everyone!

I've been ill these past few days, the sort where I couldn't see, hear, think, talk, stand, sit, sleep and breathe, let alone sort out what appears to be a knackered net connection on the queue server!!

Good news is the queue had 1500+ WUs cached I think, so they should still be crunching, just not uploading!!

I'm at work as of Wednesday, I'll give the queue server a kick then! :p

Associate
OP
OK back at work. Turns out the PAT testers had been in and hadn't turned the server back on again. As the queue server is pretty much unused for anything else atm no-one noticed.

I asked an IT Technician to take a look while I was off, but they see touching the servers as similar to starving a lion then sticking their heads in its' mouth, they KNOW not to touch my lubbly servers!

Uploaded 300+ WUs already, plus another 350 still waiting to go. Unfortunately as the server was off it wasn't sending out any cached WUs'! :eek: :mad:

Associate
OP
OR they've turned off retrieval of stats in the run up to turning off Classic maybe?? :eek:

Even if it's just a random problem, as it's about to be cancelled I doubt they'll bother fixing it! :(

Back
Top Bottom