Sega announce Megadrive Mini.

Man of Honour
OP
Does it mean that they were there by Sega and not given access through the menu?

Got a mini mega drive for my gf and we both found it weird that Aladdin and MKII wasn't included. I have both on my original mega drive but still would be handy to have on this device.

Looking forward for Project lunar.

Could be they tested them and were included on early builds, but couldn't get the license for them. :confused:

As for Lunar. Well the public beta is out now.

is there no Desert strike ?

That's actually the one I was most surprised by.

Caporegime
Good point it was a big miss.

To be fair the mega drive library has a really good amount of games and you cannot please everyone. I am amazed though of the amount of rpgs they put in the mini mega drive and there are a few that I didn't even know existed.
EA probably wanted thousands. Or have plans to re-release some older games themselves.

Associate
EA probably wanted thousands. Or have plans to re-release some older games themselves.
Well Aladin got rereleased with Lion king on ps4, xbox and switch so that follows what you said MissChief.

On the other hand, am I the only one seing how missed opportunity this is, especially for sega not to have this device internet connected with a store to sell mega drive and other ms and gg games for it? Charge 3-5 a pop and I am sure they would make quite a chank of money just from old released material. I understand Nintendo has the 3ds and the switch where they would re release things but sega doesn't have something apart from rereleasing some collections.

Associate
Has anyone had problems on a 55 inch Samsung 4k tv. The graphics look very pixelated and not smoothed out. I tried Es sega driver and that looks fine.

Associate
Es is the Emulation station driver, and that works fine. Just tried the Sega on a 40 inch LG and its fine. I just wonder if it's the Samsung.

Man of Honour
OP
Has anyone had problems on a 55 inch Samsung 4k tv. The graphics look very pixelated and not smoothed out. I tried Es sega driver and that looks fine.

It shouldn't look smoothed. It uses a 3x3 scaler with no filtering applied, so it keeps the correct pixel size and shape.
It's a 320 x 224 image being scaled to 1280 x 720, and then scaled again to 3840 x 2160

Associate
It shouldn't look smoothed. It uses a 3x3 scaler with no filtering applied, so it keeps the correct pixel size and shape.
It's a 320 x 224 image being scaled to 1280 x 720, and then scaled again to 3840 x 2160

Got all the games running through Lunar and Es and it's now very good. Now it's time to beat the Grandkids on games they ain't played,

Thanks for he reply Flibster

Back
Top Bottom