1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selective weed killer, lawn weeds

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by BUDFORCE, Jun 22, 2019.

1. BUDFORCE

Hitman

Hi,

I normally use the feed and weed combo stuff that comes as like a dry pellet/powdery type substance you scatter on.

Unfortunately I have neglected to do this this year, now my lawn is fully of all sorts. The big stuff, dandelions etc is easy to get out with an old butter knife, but I've got this self spreading stuff taking over, no way I'm ever getting it out by hand.

Any recommendations on some selective weed killer that actually works?

2. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Have you tried lawn sand? Got rid of loads of broadleaf weeds and most of the moss in my garden.

3. Participant

Caporegime

Verdone / weedol has worked very well for me. Apply slightly higher than stated dose.

4. RichL

Wise Guy

Another vote for verdone. I think they've rebranded it weedol lawn weedkiller now.

5. moon man

Wise Guy

recommended salt a long time ago and thats all i use ,works amazingly well ,the pound shop do 2 big ones for a quid ,great for targeting weeds
    it also feels better not pouring a bunch of toxic chemicals in my garden ,in the bottom of the garden ,cant see in pic i keep my daisys that grow in clumps as i think they look awesome

[​IMG]

6. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

For just weedkiller Verdone but if your lawn is looking tired and in need of a feed then a combined weed 'n' feed would be better