Selling A Home With Strike

Soldato
Has anyone used Strike to sell their home?

Selling a home without fees seems interesting. There have been so many houses in our street alone that were listed and sold by Strike.

This morning we had a rep come value the house and talk through things. It all seems pretty sleek with their own app to handle everything related to the sale.

I'm curious to know if any forum members can share their thoughts on Strike or even some firsthand experience using them to sell their own home.

Soldato
I sold our home in 2022 via Strike well it was housesimple which became strike.

for most people if you’re happy to do the viewings yourself the savings can are great. Get the same listings in all the usual online places. Especially in a sellers market and assuming it’s morning special.

Soldato
OP
I sold our home in 2022 via Strike well it was housesimple which became strike.

for most people if you’re happy to do the viewings yourself the savings can are great. Get the same listings in all the usual online places. Especially in a sellers market and assuming it’s morning special.

Was it a good experience overall? We went for the marketing boosts package at £499 as it seems good value, especially if that's all we have to pay them throughout the sale. Photographer coming this week and then we're on the market. Hopefully it runs smoothly.

Soldato
We used them early last year when we sold and moved home. No problems and we only paid £99 or something for the premium Rightmove listing, otherwise it was 100% free. Getting hold of our agent on the phone when needed as a pain in the arse, but otherwise can't complain for free and saved thousands in EA fees.

Soldato
Was it a good experience overall? We went for the marketing boosts package at £499 as it seems good value, especially if that's all we have to pay them throughout the sale. Photographer coming this week and then we're on the market. Hopefully it runs smoothly.

We didn't pay for any boosts. We just used the standard package and had viewings requested within 24 hours. What's the point everything gets listed in the same place and people find based upon their desired filters anyway. Marketing boots probably only help in areas where buckets of similar properties competing for the same buyers.

We only paid £500 total for the listing with a fixed fee (not % based) only upon sale.

Soldato
OP
@kitkat9933 we have paid £499 for everything - the premium listing, targeted ads, photos. That's the all-in price.

Otherwise we would have had to take our own photos and 360 degree room tours.

Looks like we saved a quid compared to what you went for :p

Soldato
Not strike but we sold our house using a similar company with the same business model.

Let's be honest, they were useless, however it was £400 and all I wanted was to have the advert placed on rightmove / zoopla and a platform to manage viewings. We used a separate local conveyancer for the legal side.

The cheapest local estate agent was well over double, as they all stubbornly work on a % basis, and 1% was the cheapest we could find. I have just as little faith in any estate agents, so no reason to pay any more than is necessary.

Soldato
Not strike but we sold our house using a similar company with the same business model.

Let's be honest, they were useless, however it was £400 and all I wanted was to have the advert placed on rightmove / zoopla and a platform to manage viewings. We used a separate local conveyancer for the legal side.

The cheapest local estate agent was well over double, as they all stubbornly work on a % basis, and 1% was the cheapest we could find. I have just as little faith in any estate agents, so no reason to pay any more than is necessary.
Agree these guys get it on Rightmove etc cheaper than it costs us and you only pay on sale etc

Associate
In the current market going with Strike or similar is a good move as long as you price the property reasonably. We went with a local estate agent who were very good, our vendor went with Strike who were fine for the EA duties but please avoid their conveyancing 'partner' like the plague. Go with someone local for this, it's often cheaper and a much better experience.

Soldato
OP
Listing went live with Strike last night. We have 3 viewings booked in already. It is really easy to arrange viewing times and message people on the app.

I have been sent some emails from Strike Conveyancing and eWay - is that what you are referring to @Rabtech ?

So far we're pleased with Strike. Just need to find a house to move in to now...

Associate
We are thinking of using strike as I'd much rather not pay for an estate agent.

We'd consider their conveyancing as we don't have a solicitor. Has anyone done this and how did you find it?

Don
We've sold in the past with a dedicated high street EA and an online-only EA too.

Obviously the online-only option is much cheaper, however the high street EA have their benefits too especially if you go with a well established agent. The selling price of the house is going to be the same and so is the quality of the advert on Rightmove, but we had a lot of issues with a long and complicated chain and the estate agent helped us get answers and updates from what was happening lower down in the chain. Solicitors are useless for that as they will only talk to the next party in the chain (either your seller or buyer), whereas our EA got updates from the entire length of the chain for us. In our case we were trying to complete in time for the stamp-duty holidays last year and I am 99% sure that without our EA help the chain wouldn't have been ready to complete in time for the stamp duty holiday, they were able to get answers and push things along that we wouldn't have been able to do with an online-only EA.

Associate
I have been sent some emails from Strike Conveyancing and eWay - is that what you are referring to @Rabtech ?

Please for the sake of your sanity do not go with Strike Conveyancing aka Premier Property Lawyers, look up the reviews online. Our vendor went with them and was that disgusted with the service (as was our local conveyancer we used), they ended up sacking off PPL and going with someone local - caused 7 weeks of delays in our transaction and achieved nothing apart from stress all round.

We went with a local EA, charged 1% of sale price, posted excellent photos, arranged/hosted the viewings and gave excellent advice. Yes more expensive than Strike but more than happy with the service we got. I'd go with Strike myself if we moved again however as we know the tricks and what to watch for.

Soldato
OP
Thanks @Rabtech I'll try to avoid. I spoke to someone today who has sold a house with Strike but didn't go with their conveyancing mainly because it was quoted many weeks longer than a local company quoted.

Update on our situation - had a few viewings booked in through the app, all but one turned up. The one who didn't, cancelled via app.
Had two offers already.

This is moving very fast. Don't know what to do :cry:

Soldato
Please for the sake of your sanity do not go with Strike Conveyancing aka Premier Property Lawyers, look up the reviews online. Our vendor went with them and was that disgusted with the service (as was our local conveyancer we used), they ended up sacking off PPL and going with someone local - caused 7 weeks of delays in our transaction and achieved nothing apart from stress all round.

We went with a local EA, charged 1% of sale price, posted excellent photos, arranged/hosted the viewings and gave excellent advice. Yes more expensive than Strike but more than happy with the service we got. I'd go with Strike myself if we moved again however as we know the tricks and what to watch for.
I went PPL and we exchanged and completed on the same day; a Friday as well if I recall. They are useless if anything off script but for a run of the mill sale it's super efficient/system driven.

Man of Honour
We've sold in the past with a dedicated high street EA and an online-only EA too.

Obviously the online-only option is much cheaper, however the high street EA have their benefits too especially if you go with a well established agent. The selling price of the house is going to be the same and so is the quality of the advert on Rightmove, but we had a lot of issues with a long and complicated chain and the estate agent helped us get answers and updates from what was happening lower down in the chain. Solicitors are useless for that as they will only talk to the next party in the chain (either your seller or buyer), whereas our EA got updates from the entire length of the chain for us. In our case we were trying to complete in time for the stamp-duty holidays last year and I am 99% sure that without our EA help the chain wouldn't have been ready to complete in time for the stamp duty holiday, they were able to get answers and push things along that we wouldn't have been able to do with an online-only EA.

Obviously going to depend on the EA but ours was good on that front - even marched into the solicitors and demanded they get their arse in gear. So was good in that respect.

Soldato
OP
Nearly two weeks since the listing went live. We have had 5 offers so far and had the last viewing today. 2 offers withdrawn as the bids went too high for them. It's a strange one as we don't want to keep booking viewings in if we have offers, but there's always the chance the higher bidders could withdraw.

While the Strike app is useful for communication, not all potential buyers like to keep us informed. We had a last minute viewing booked in for this afternoon and they didn't show or get in touch about it.

So far so good. I can't really attribute everything to Strike though as the housing market in its current form seems to sell almost any house.

Soldato
OP
Offer accepted yesterday. Really happy with it too! Still no idea where we will move to but it appears we have a few months.

Back
Top Bottom