Selling a phone

Permabanned
As the title says, I am selling a phone on Gumtree. A woman has asked if I can send it to her and she pay by Paypal however I always like people to collect stuff I sell as that way they can see it working. Would I be correct in thinking if she pays via friends and family the money cannot be reclaimed through Paypal?

Permabanned
OP
As it's been said numerous times, face to face and cash only.

It's up to u if u want to take the chance on her paying by PayPal and u shipping it out to her. It might be a hacked account so something to think about.

Fair enough. Out of curiosity what would happen if it were a hacked account?

Permabanned
OP
This is the oldest scam in the book, and there isn't even a book. Surprised it took this long to come to senses :p

I decided a while ago bud. To be fair,over the last year or so Ive sold a few things over Gumtree and posted them. You can usually get a good judge of someone through a phonecall or two and its never been expensive things really. Sold a new 3ds xl before Christmas for £180 that went well and if they ask if I can post I take a deposit and wait a week after explaining I would rather meet up. I know its risky but that kind lessens the risk a bit.

Back
Top Bottom