• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Associate
Hm, I had saved some of their previous prices and the FE prices have fallen. Sort of.

The 3080 FE is down to £1700 from £1800, while the 3070 FE is the same as £1200 but their buying prices has gone down from £840/£960 (cash/voucher) to £780/£900. 3090 FE and 3080 Ti FE have dropped £100.

So in some cases they are just hedging their bets. Or the recent FE drop has resulted in more sellers.

The one I had been keeping an eye on is the 1050 (2GB non-Ti version - I thought it might make a good tide over since I was dumb enough to sell my 1060 6GB for £90ish September 2020, as it's a good card to have spare) which has gone up to £140 from about £90 when I first had this idea in Sept'21. That is some inflation!
Up to £179 cash for a 1060 6gb now!

Soldato
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
Computing / PCI-Express Graphics Cards

WeSell for £200.00
WeBuy for cash £94.00
WeBuy for voucher £133.00

over 100% markup!

That's normal for them everything either has a 50% or 100% markup they are scam artists really. I only ever use them to get rid of stuff that has very little value and buy something else that I may need from them if they have it in and in most cases 99% of the time I just ask for cash because I don't want to buy stuff from them because of the silly markups and in most cases some things cost more than new, only thing they are good for is old console games and blurays that are out of print and you want a hard copy.. Also had too many bad experiences with them when buying electronic goods from them they always turn out to have some issue or worse like with memory cards turn out to be fake and of course they play they didn't sell the fake.. Care needs to be taken with them when buying from them, selling well you take the loss in some cases just to get rid of an item you have no use for and don't want the hassle of ebay.

Associate
Do have some sympathy for them with prices, it only takes 1 return of a user broken card or an issue that didn't show up on initial testing to to wipe out margins on quite a few purchases/sales. Not to mention if the market changes they'll get left with a lot of stock. If eBay was easy and no fuss there wouldn't be a business opportunity for them but there obviously is!

Associate
3080FE prices have come down..

Probably because they ended up with half the 3080FE from the last drop and have excess stock which probably isn't shifting to fast at £1750 :cry: although they are still offering to buy for £1225 which seems the same as it was when i looked a few weeks ago unless it went up temporarily:confused:

Soldato
Do have some sympathy for them with prices, it only takes 1 return of a user broken card or an issue that didn't show up on initial testing to to wipe out margins on quite a few purchases/sales. Not to mention if the market changes they'll get left with a lot of stock. If eBay was easy and no fuss there wouldn't be a business opportunity for them but there obviously is!
I don't. They were doing fine as a business at their previous pricing levels. I'm not really bothered about what they do with the very latest stuff because the pricing on that is what it is, but there's no excuse for the fact that they've literally doubled the price of most older cards from the 2011-2016 era during the past year (without a matching increase in the price they pay you). Nothing suddenly changed about the risks involved with selling old graphics cards in that time, and almost all of said cards are useless for mining purposes, but would be handy for gamers screwed over by the current situation. They're just cashing in. I guess you can't be too upset with them specifically for doing what every other company is doing, but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for them. I'm sure they've raked in record profits on graphics cards over the past year.

Soldato
Probably because they ended up with half the 3080FE from the last drop and have excess stock which probably isn't shifting to fast at £1750 :cry: although they are still offering to buy for £1225 which seems the same as it was when i looked a few weeks ago unless it went up temporarily:confused:

I'm showing £1105 cash at the mo, it was £1260 last time I checked..
The 3060Ti seems to have gone up though, that was £682 but now showing £770...

Associate
I'm showing £1105 cash at the mo, it was £1260 last time I checked..
The 3060Ti seems to have gone up though, that was £682 but now showing £770...

Its saying £1105 for me on the search results but as soon as i click on the item it takes me to the main page for the card and says £1225 , if i then add it to sell basket the £1225 remains :confused: im not selling btw just interested in what the prices are doing :)

Associate
they were paying even more past summer, what annoys me is not the price they sell their stuff, its the fact they make it too easy/convenient for people to scalp. this applies for consoles as well, they were paying 600 for a ps5 months ago.

Associate
they were paying even more past summer, what annoys me is not the price they sell their stuff, its the fact they make it too easy/convenient for people to scalp.

While also scalping themselves and being unashamedly open about it. I wouldn't sell to them on principle, would much rather sell on the MM here or if I didn't have access to that, on local for sale websites.

Associate
I'm debating selling my 3080 to CeX for the higher store credit value and buying a 3080 ti by paying the £260 difference. On the other hand it may be more sensible to save the money and put it towards a next gen card in 2022-23.

Associate
I'm debating selling my 3080 to CeX for the higher store credit value and buying a 3080 ti by paying the £260 difference. On the other hand it may be more sensible to save the money and put it towards a next gen card in 2022-23.
In your position I would absolutely not consider trading my good known card for a card from CeX that could have all sorts wrong with it for that upgrade!

Associate
In your position I would absolutely not consider trading my good known card for a card from CeX that could have all sorts wrong with it for that upgrade!

That thought had crossed my mind.. I've had my card since new and only use it for gaming. I guess an advantage of the Ti (for me at least) is the hash rate limiter, so at least I would know its unlikely to have been used for mining. However, no guarantee the previous owner has not disassembled it to apply custom cooling or something!

CEX warranty their stuff though, soooo

A 24 month warranty is pretty good and should mitigate the risk somewhat.

Anyway, my sensible side is saying I should prob. just keep my 3080.

Soldato
Indeed, not sure how their voucher back thing goes, do you get what you paid back or do you get what the cost at that time would be?
Within six months you get back what you paid. After that it's whatever their current pricing is or what you paid, whichever is lower.

Back
Top Bottom