Selling on Ebay

Associate
Hi,

Im planning on selling something on ebay for the first time. I dont really trust the ebay so i was wondering what i should look out for to avoid any problems? Apart from clearly labeling what the item is (its a faulty ipod) is there anything else i should add on the item page? Also ive heard of buyers claiming that they didnt recieve the item and try to claim the money back so apart from sending it recorded delivery is there anything else i can do to keep this from happening?

Thanks for the help.

Man of Honour
bank transfer is the safest, however will limit the number of people bidding.

So use royal mail Special Deliver (not just recorded) and enter it into pay pal as soon as you have the tracking code.

However last time I sold an item I couldn't find where to enter it in on pay pal.

I wonder how faulty it is, I mean, why anyone would want to buy it? :o
Anyone who is trained in fault repairing such goods. Can buy a broken one for £10 fix it and sell it for many times the cost, which then covers *** cost of ones they can't fix.

Associate
OP
well the screen isnt working but everything else is (the hd, click wheel etc.)..and i assume people buy it for a cheap price (round the £50 mark) fix it for cheap and sell it as refurbished at nearly full price..

Associate
OP
well im sure i can get a screen for cheap but this is also an excuse for me to get a newer ipod with larger memory..however if its as easy as you say it is then i might give it a go..is there any tutorials or anything?

Man of Honour
9468_ebay.jpg

:D

Caporegime
well im sure i can get a screen for cheap but this is also an excuse for me to get a newer ipod with larger memory..however if its as easy as you say it is then i might give it a go..is there any tutorials or anything?

As it goes, I've seen people selling ebooks full of service manuals for Ipods on ebay :)

Associate
OP
hmm well that replacement lcd thing does sound tempting and it doesnt look _that_ hard either..another question anyone know where i can get some faceplates? checked ebay and they only very small selection..i want something a bit different if possible..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom