Sending HDD back to o/c under Dist. Sell. Act. but got RMA No...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Just a quick question about sending the WD 320Gb (3200KS) hard drive i got on Friday back to Overclockers (thread in the hard drive section about why i want to return it).

When i spoke to o/c today on the phone i said i wanted to send it back under the 7 day Distance Selling Act but i was asked why did i want to return it?
I replied it caused to much vibration in the case (Antec Sonata II so they are mounted on rubber grommets to cushion the noise), more so than a non-FDB 36Gb Raptor i have in there which cant be right! I wasnt sure if the drive was actually faulty though as i might be just to picky (although i could hear it humming when led in bed upstairs (PC downstairs) last night!!).

Anyway let me cut to the chase...

o/c sent me an email with an RMA number and details of how to send it back saying anything found not faulty would be charged to me!

However as i am (wanting to at least) returning it as a "7 day Distance selling Act" return should i still put this RMA number on the box/correspondance?
Or does an RMA mean its just a return code and i'll be ok under the 7 day ruling? :confused:

Help! :(

InQ

InQ

Associate
OP
mmj_uk said:
Just return it using the RMA number like you would returning a faulty product, that's what I did recently returning an item under this act.

Ok thanks....written some spiel to go in the box anyhow explaining i want me dosh back under the act! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom