SEO Advice

Soldato
One of our companies does ok for SEO. We get a lot of our work through organic searches but it could be better, especially for less specific or national searches. I do it all myself and was hoping for someone to perhaps point out some elements I've missed or overlooked. Especially as I'm aware we may be ok now but we could get overtaken.

The domain is idoweddingfilms.co.uk and key search phrases are wedding video, wedding videographer/videography (which from Adwords I believe Google judges to be the same), and wedding films. And locally each with 'Bristol' appended (though about 90% of our work is outside of Bristol).

We rank highly when Bristol is there but very low/non existent when not. Any pointers appreciated!

Sorry, maybe my OP wasn't clear on that front. We're one of the UK's leading companies so we go all over (though generally within 3 hours of Bristol). Most of our work is in London and the home counties, with the rest split all over from Exeter to Leicester and Cardiff and everywhere in between. We also cover overseas and have shot in Cyprus, France and Austria.

Hence my displeasure in us ranking quite badly for anything without Bristol, apart from a few random ones like being #5 for 'best wedding videographer'.

Thanks for your two pence touch. Not quite a one-man band, two :p.

Noted on the descriptions. I just use Notepad++ so no fancy wizardry to check anything.

And yes, videographer/videography are the two main keywords really. Any directory would list our services in that category and that's the general term used to describe our service. "wedding video" is actually more relevant to the final product, akin to wedding photographer/wedding photos.

Noted on video/film. I should scrap film entirely really, it's mainly used for the more descriptive pieces rather than SEO, and of course to compliment our actual name.

And yep, I use incognito for checking everything. Though 'wedding video' shows top for me, potentially because my IP is local. Could you check https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wedding+video? And for future do you know of any reliable rank checkers? Every one I use seems to give a different result.

Yeah I did trial a responsive site but it just didn't work very well for the content and in the end I opted for a subdomain. For example we have quite a lot of text on our home page which works on a desktop but it meant our video was quite a scroll down (or visa versa, it looked like it was just a video and no explanation of who we are).

Our other sites use responsive designs and they work much better.

Back
Top Bottom