SEO for wordpress website

Soldato
I've recently made a website for my friend who is an electrician starting his own business. The website is pretty basic but does the job. I had no prior knowledge of web design hence my decision to go with wordpress.

The site is up and running nicely and I've submitted it to google and it's now indexed. My next task is to get it up the google rankings. If you search for the company name it's top of the list, but if you search for anything else bar a long text string from the webiste it doesn't appear.

I've installed the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast and have configured that. I've also run through all the options in there such as ensuring site uses clean permalinks, submitting sitemaps to google, post titles and meta descriptions etc. I've also tried to link to the website from other approprate websites, e.g. google map listing, facebook page, yellow pages listing etc

To be honest there's only one or two phrases I want to include, (e.g. Electrician in [location]), but including them in the main body of text doesn't really flow with the other information on the site and looks like you're trying to ram in keyword which looks unprofessional.

Any ideas how I can get round this?

Back
Top Bottom