SEO problem

Man of Honour
I've a site run by local a photography club that doesn't appear in google at all.. If i type the full name it doesn't appear...

baddowcameraclub.co.uk

if I type the domain IP address in the browser, then nothing comes up yet I can type their FQDN the site come up.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the dns settings..

As far as i know, the the domain is registered by someone in the club and he points his name servers to another who is hosting.

Can anyone give me any pointers or ideas to try?

Thanks

edit is there a reliable dns checker that someone can recommend?

How long has this been going on for?

I've checked all the ones I know and as far as they're concerned it doesn't exist.

Looks like they bought the domain from 1&1 and are using dreamhost.

Yes it's definitly a DNS issue. Unless it's a recent change and it hasn't propagated yet then they've screwed up the name servers somehow.

Unfortunately I don't believe you can do anything without access to the 1&1 account.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something here but if I search "baddowcameraclub" or "baddow camera club" in google it does show just not at the top result.

Fairly certain the reason the IP doesnt resolve is because its on a shared hosting plan.

For some reason someone has set up a subdomain of "new" on it and thats what google is indexing when you search the URL exactly. I would suggest removing the subdomain and having google reindex the site.

Also noted the reason I couldn't open the URL originally is its missing an A :D.

Last edited:
Indeed also got urlmetrics and bobbybrainephotography then the site with the subdomain in 5th place.

Just checking to see if I can find why its not appearing above the referral link.

Do you know if they've created a sitemap and are using Googles webmasters? I cannot find a sitemap on there, would be worth creating one and utilizing webmasters to crawl it again.

Bing and yahoo are fine so I can only suggest utilising webmasters tool to see why googles stumbling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom