Sergio Marchionne has passed away

Soldato
Apparently Sergio Marchionne, Fiat Chrysler CEO, has had complications due to a shoulder surgery and is not expect to be able to return to work.

7pyFKcgQULO6-4hvOkgYZPx2CAKnJadPMjQnEkWmydU.jpg

From everything I've read, he's in a coma but that is unverified. I hope he is able to recover, but things are not looking good at the moment.

Soldato
For it to be something that they've just gone 'he won't be able to come back to work' straight away a few hours afterwards makes it sound terminal as said :(

Ferrari have really turned a corner these last few years while he's been at the helm.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The story seems to be that it was an operation to remove a tumour, during which he suffered an embolism that left him brain damaged and in a deep coma. Clearly never regained conciousness before he passed :(

Reading the twitters earlier, and spotted this. Very typical of Marchionne's humour when dealing with journalists :)

2Ug9keL.png

Soldato
Just seen this on the bbc, RIP Mr Marchionne. In a week where we had our immediate neighbour who is a brother of Gareth Barry, ex-england footballer, killed in a rtc we are numbed..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just seen this on the bbc, RIP Mr Marchionne. In a week where we had our immediate neighbour who is a brother of Gareth Barry, ex-england footballer, killed in a rtc we are numbed..
Was confused as I hadn’t heard anything about that, but I’ve just spotted the story in the DM. Must have only broke this afternoon. Very sad. 39 is no age to go.

Back
Top Bottom