Serious DELL Laptop display problem!!!! Help!

Associate
I turned my DELL Inspiron 1100 Laptop on this morning and everything was fine, until about an hour later when the display decided to turn 90' anti-clockwise. This is extremely frustrating. There doesnt seem to be any reason why it happened other than being a Dell.

Someone please tell me how i can adjust the angle so its back to normal.

I don't know what graphics chipset that laptop has but Nvidia cards for instance have a feature called NVrotate which allows you to change the picture at right angles, although as PinkFloyd says I'm not sure how you do that without noticing.

I don't know how it happened either. Was just browsing the internet and the LCD screen refreshed and appeared on its side 90'. Maybe a virus or something? I will do a scan anyway.

Theres an integrated Nvidia graphics chip in it but no specific Nvidia software unfortunantly.

Aha! I used the System Restore feature to take back all the settings to 2 days ago and that has fixed it! Luckily the OS makes its own system restore points.

Thanks for the help guys.

Wow, Thanks Chopper. That must have been what i done! Probably whilst pressing Ctrl-alt-delete I hit the arrow button next to it. Fancy putting that there! Stupid Dell.

Back
Top Bottom