serious lag in BF2

Soldato
hey

Just had my new rig built (in sig) and BF2 is running like a dog! My old system was...
athlon xp 2500+ @ 3000+
radeon 9600pro 128mb
1gb of ram (same stuff)
abit NF7-S mobo

My new rig i would have though would run BF2 nicely at medium everything at 1024x768 but how wrong was i! I know i really need to get 2gb of ram for it to run good but i dont understand how my old pc could run this game on medium fine and my new system runs it really choppy at low/medium. I have installed the Cat 6.1's because i heard the 6.2's make BF2 lag. It improved the speed abit but its still running crappy.

any ideas? Also using the latest BF2 drivers and all other drivers are up-to-date.

EDIT: also i have a 1.1mb line and its not connection lag. Ive noticed the lag makes your weapons jump up and down really quickly when you walk, dont know what that means?

cheers :)

Soldato
aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh, you do NOT need 2Gb of RAM to run BF2...!!!!!

You can run it fine in medium details with 1Gb, did you format when installing the new system?
Have you disabled unneeded crap that starts up automatically?
How much proccesses are running after boot?

Man of Honour
With BF2 with 1gb you need to run TEXTURES on medium, everything else can be high! Try THIS fix. I used to get helluva lot of lag on 1gb with high everything apart from textures. Now it's fine :D

Soldato
Zefan said:
With BF2 with 1gb you need to run TEXTURES on medium, everything else can be high! Try THIS fix. I used to get helluva lot of lag on 1gb with high everything apart from textures. Now it's fine :D

Never a truer word, I do exactly that, stick everything on top bar Textures, even textures at high - it runs but stutters at times.

Soldato
OP
just letting you guys know i tried the link to the fix Zefan posted and all is now running well :D Thanks to everyone who helped me sort this out! The game gets abit jerky from time to time in heavy combat but atleast its playable now.

cheers :cool:

Back
Top Bottom