Serious problem with the latest Vista updates

Soldato
Sorry if this is a repost, but it’s not just me suffering from the latest windows update issues.

It seems I'm having the same problems, at first I thought my comp had seriously messed up; it cannot install the updates and constantly restarts my PC twice only to fail installing the updates time after time!!

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=573118

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=573178&st=0&gopid=588698891&#entry588698891

Anybody else having the same issues?

Associate
Not as many as that but one in particular is failing.

Goto the MBSA part of Micro$shaft and download MBSA for vista.

It is a much better tool than Auto Updates as you have more control and can download the individual files to update. This is great if you have a few PCs with the same software as you can update them all at the same time.

It will also tell you other vulnerabilities you may have.

Soldato
Micro$shaft
*Sigh*

At least if you're going to be leet, cool, childish stick to the known formats:

Micro$oft
M$
MicroShaft
Micro$haft

The company name Microsoft has never had two letter "s" in the middle.
Alternatively you could just be mature about it all and use either Microsoft or MS.

Don
stoofa said:
Micro$shaft
*Sigh*

At least if you're going to be leet, cool, childish stick to the known formats:

Micro$oft
M$
MicroShaft
Micro$haft

The company name Microsoft has never had two letter "s" in the middle.
Alternatively you could just be mature about it all and use either Microsoft or MS.

i'll second that :p

Man of Honour
Yep just discovered that I have the same problem

The same 5 updates just keep failing, restarts the PC twice trying to install them

EDIT - FIXED: Install them individually, works fine then

Associate
I turned off the download ALL fixes/patches for everything.

Only downloads essential security for now.

Most of us can do the rest by ourselves I guess.

In my case no problems with automatic updates so far. Have had some problems with Vista tho :D

Soldato
Frank_Rizzo said:
Goto the MBSA part of Micro$shaft and download MBSA for vista.
Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahha...

Micro$shaft.... Ahhahahaha... I get it.... *wipes tear from eye* heheheh... *snigger*

That's so funny, love what you did there, what a shining wit.... no... hang on a minute...

Associate
I have every right to type how I feel about a company. If I think a company earns too much money, in a way I think is not competitive I'll do it.

Some here think they have every right to patronise, and be disrespectful to an individual who just so happens to have a certain point of view.

My views about Microsoft are my own. Some may think it is wrong, but they are wrong to call me childish or post the other snide comments.

As I say, totally unwarranted abuse I am receiving here. In my day this never happened. The youth of today, eh?

Back
Top Bottom