Setting up Magento community edition

Soldato
Hallo all, I am looking at porting across my 2 websites, one made in ZenCart, the other in OpenCart to Magento CE. I have tried to set these up on the domains but I really am floundering and just have no t got the time to even set a bgasic store up and skins etc.

Anyone on here class themselves as an intermediate sort of level (I cannot afford to pay a full expert for this!) magento go user and would like the chance of making some beanstalk beans? I would not imagine it would take people who know what they are doing, or can at least find their way around the thing! The actual products and related I will be doing myself anyway.

Soldato
OP
Its not the install, that bit is easy, its configuring the store itself. It hates me :D and doesn't like to do what I want it to do! I managed with Zencart, but I had a LOT more time to do it.

Soldato
I've only been using magento for the past year on and off (managed about 4 hours a week due to other office commitments), I worked along side someone who did a lot of the backend while I concentrated on the themes and making stuff look pretty, unfortunately I changed jobs so I'm currently learning all the backend stuff myself. What areas are you stuck on? I might be able to give some pointers :)

Soldato
OP
I've only been using magento for the past year on and off (managed about 4 hours a week due to other office commitments), I worked along side someone who did a lot of the backend while I concentrated on the themes and making stuff look pretty, unfortunately I changed jobs so I'm currently learning all the backend stuff myself. What areas are you stuck on? I might be able to give some pointers :)

The time it takes to actually do it most of the time! Even just removing the current options and themes. Ideally, I just want everything there and ready for me to populate the products, shipping prices etc. I am pretty busy and am working long hours most weeks at the moment. It took me a few weeks to do my zencart store, and opencart is pretty much just stock with few tweaks. I want to change to magento with the multiple product support or whatever it is, so every item has its own SKU, even the product options. Its to interface directly with Linnworks.

Back
Top Bottom