Shady's back - new single 'Houdini'

Caporegime
Damn, this took me right back to 2002. I love it.

His last two albums were okay, but consisted of a lot of complaining... He really shines when it's stuff like this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn, this took me right back to 2002. I love it.

His last two albums were okay, but consisted of a lot of complaining... He really shines when it's stuff like this.

Yet to listen to the track as I will listen to it on my way home but he's been so inconsistent the last few years and really has put out a lot of rubbish. I did really enjoy Kamikaze when it was released but I found the Music To Be Murdered by so... i dunno, just not good.

SSLP through to maybe The Eminem Show were all a good time. After that he lost himself, probably cause he got sober.

Soldato
Listened to it. Didn't like it.

Do rappers not learn anything from Nas? You can be 10/10 lyrically but if you're selecting beats that sound like hot ass on summer, it doesn't matter.

Hope the album is better than this.

Soldato
I don't like it, fight me.

Just sounds like a tune made in the vein of modern crap, which probably why it is doing so well with the socials.
Except its a take on his song from 22 years ago, so hardly in the vein of modern crap as its in the vein of a song from 22 years ago!

Little goosebumpy when it started, as it was so familiar sounding. Appropriate first song back after his hiatus.

Don
Heard it a couple of times now and really enjoying it.

As someone who had the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LPs back in the day, but not touched anything since, I think I need to go back and listen to some of the stuff in between :)

Back
Top Bottom