Shall i buy a new z270? z170/z270 bugged with vega 64? xmp/msi buggy?

Associate
Hello,

i struggled for 4 weeks since christmas for my problem, tried everything. stayed awake some nights. could'nt sleep properly etc.

furmark and prime95 with avx, system is stable as hell. but soon i start a game, or play a game, i get hardresets.

tl;dr: im too lazy to read 1000 of pagaes of intel documentation.

my system
I5 7600k@stock@bequiet silent loop 360@stock fans.
MSI z270 a Pro with latest bios.
2x F4-2400C15D-8GVR 16GB total
Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+
Bequiet Dark Power 11 650w (even toggled to singlerail - still hardreset)
970 Evo 500gb
4tb x300 toshiba (caching speed is awesome, up to 1gbyte/s when transfering files - 180mb/s+
had a old spinpoint f1 and a wd velociraptor before)
Dark Base pro 900 rev2

swapped psu with a bequiet L8 pure power 630w. didnt played long enough to get a hardreset.

installed windows 10 about 10 times, installed drivers per hand, without network etc. downgraded gpu drivers etc. minimal installation etc.
furmark and prime stable, but hardresets in games, didnt matter what kind of game, csgo, tarkov, arma 3.
unplugged hdd/activity led of the case/mainboard. changed mouse/keyboard to usb 2.0 ports etc.
still hardresets etc.
resetted bios to optimized defaults etc...
tried everything. spammed msi/sapphire/bequiet with my emails, they dont even want to reply to me anymore, lol.

then a flash of a genius. turned XMP off. solved everything.
but now, i just got ddr4-2133. and i hesiste to do trial and error yet. and cant find default voltages for everything. (auto voltages with xmp are kind of crap, msi with xmp putting higher voltages on some cpu parts etc like cpu sa/io)

is the mainboard to weak to hold up voltages? im exhausted after 4 weeks to figuring more out.
one of your prior members had a similiar problem, with slower komponents, except ram, and he sold everything and bought ryzen to run his vega 56.
6600k, gigabyte z170 g1 sniper and only 1x8gb ddr4-2400.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...owners-thread.18789713/page-252#post-31861148
some german guy like me on pcgh, got a 1080 ti ref. and got hardresets too. but cooffee lake z370.

when i run xmp, i only get it stable by undervolting my gpu and put +20% powertarget. atleast i didnt got any hardreset when i run the custom profile so far. p7 state 0.965v. so i guess the mainboard cant handle the pcie voltage properly when running xmp.
and what i saw, is that when i turned on xmp, the intel specification of their turboboost is violated, all 4 cores run at x42.

so my basic question is. what are the default voltages of everything etc. what voltages i need to get ddr4-2400 properly without any hardreset.
further on, i wanted to delied my cpu and oc it to 4,8ghz+ for the summer, i live in an attic and when sun is shining i get 35°c+ room temperature. silicon lottery got some binning stats for vcore e.g.

regards

Back
Top Bottom