• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Share your Ryzen 1600 Overclock here

Associate
Good point, v4.32 (i think) is Samsung b die and v5.39 is Hynix (what I have)

Sorry to be a pest @LumpyVR but you don't happen to know which version ram you're running?

Edit: sorry (again!) but xmp profile 2? I'm on bios F6 which looks to be the most up to date official bios and I only see 1 xmp profile. Is the other hidden away somewhere strange?!

It's not specified what version runs @ 3200Mhz http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-ax370-Gaming5.pdf

Associate
Good point, v4.32 (i think) is Samsung b die and v5.39 is Hynix (what I have)

Sorry to be a pest @LumpyVR but you don't happen to know which version ram you're running?

Edit: sorry (again!) but xmp profile 2? I'm on bios F6 which looks to be the most up to date official bios and I only see 1 xmp profile. Is the other hidden away somewhere strange?!

Apologies I just checked and in my F6 under XMP I get disabled and profile 1 and I'm set to profile 1. Not sure where I got profile 2 from maybe it was on a previous bios version or I just dreamt it :D

The corsair LPX is indeed Hynix ver 5.39 which I'm pretty sure I read on here was officially supported on this bios version at the full 3200MHz and it worked perfectly for me.

Soldato
Apologies I just checked and in my F6 under XMP I get disabled and profile 1 and I'm set to profile 1. Not sure where I got profile 2 from maybe it was on a previous bios version or I just dreamt it :D

The corsair LPX is indeed Hynix ver 5.39 which I'm pretty sure I read on here was officially supported on this bios version at the full 3200MHz and it worked perfectly for me.

ah no probs - thank god for that as I thought I was going to go mad looking for xmp profile 2! :p

strange, I just get boot loops on my v5.39 on xmp 3200. weirdly if I just let it loop for 4 or 5 times it eventually loads into windows fine with the ram showing @ 3200. never did any stress testing on it though. guess i'll just have to have a play about. cheers for the info

Associate
ah no probs - thank god for that as I thought I was going to go mad looking for xmp profile 2! :p

strange, I just get boot loops on my v5.39 on xmp 3200. weirdly if I just let it loop for 4 or 5 times it eventually loads into windows fine with the ram showing @ 3200. never did any stress testing on it though. guess i'll just have to have a play about. cheers for the info

I had boot loops when I used XMP profile as well. Try setting everything manually with higher Ram voltage.

Soldato
I had boot loops when I used XMP profile as well. Try setting everything manually with higher Ram voltage.
yea if memory serves me correctly I think when I bumped vram up to 1.4v it booted fine (though again I didn't do any stress testing) i'll give it a whirl this evening and see how I get on

cheers chaps

Soldato

I'm getting this with the MSI tomahawk mobo with the 170 BIOS. It loops when I set the memory to 2966, boot loops I mean. I can only clear it when I power down completely.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html

^I'm using this RAM^

Any chance you can post up a screenshot of your BIOS settings for your CPU OC? I really don't like this mobo's BIOS at all. It's a 1600 CPU with that RAM and the MSI tomahawk mobo

Soldato
I'm getting this with the MSI tomahawk mobo with the 170 BIOS. It loops when I set the memory to 2966, boot loops I mean. I can only clear it when I power down completely.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html

^I'm using this RAM^

Any chance you can post up a screenshot of your BIOS settings for your CPU OC? I really don't like this mobo's BIOS at all. It's a 1600 CPU with that RAM and the MSI tomahawk mobo
I can do buddy but it'll be later this evening after work if that's ok.

The gigabyte bios, while often derided, works perfectly well. It just looks a bit dated due to the colours they seem to like to use.

Soldato
Gentleman, thanks
here ya go buddy.

all I've done so far is up the clock freq to 38, switched vcore from auto to 1.275 (will try lower soon)
svm mode = disabled
amd cool&quiet = disabled
core performance boost = disabled

when/if I decide to go higher I'll probably have to tinker with the settings a bit more but thus far with the above settings all is stable - day to day stable. ran prime for about 30mins then just used the pc as I normally would. no issues this past week even after hours of pubg*

*only thing I will add, this is the second board as the 1st had to be rma'd after it just randomly died. the first sign I had was the system clock losing time, changed bios battery but still had the problem. an hour later the board just died. system clock is now doing the same, battery changed and still happening but it's been doing it for a week now and all is orking fine apart from the clock losing time. might just be a bug but i'll report back if this one dies too!

BI8HmOg.jpg
2IEjC4p.jpg

Soldato
My stepson's 3.725 needs 1.32v and is not stable beyond that speed.

Temps nudge 80c in Aida too.

Definitely not won the silicon lottery although the XMP works fine.

Soldato
So had to reset my BIOS. Memory appears to be back to 3200mhz thankfully. I might focus on trying to adjust those settings as it is b-die.

Definitely need advice on overclocking without it resetting to 1.5ghz.

Soldato
urghh... got the 1.5Ghz bug trying to overclock. How do I get around this on the MSI Tomahawk please?

Use autovoltage. It will select something just below 1.4v (don't really want to be going above that for 24/7 use anyway). Then see how far you can overclock it.

Use hwinfo to monitor it all.

Soldato
Use autovoltage. It will select something just below 1.4v (don't really want to be going above that for 24/7 use anyway). Then see how far you can overclock it.

Use hwinfo to monitor it all.

OK, thanks. I'll just leave it on auto, and try just putting '3600' into the frequency box and see what happens and go from there.

I am on the stock 1600 cooler btw.

Back
Top Bottom