Sharepoint

Soldato
Hi all,

Our company has suddenly decided that they don't want any of out personal info stored on 3rd party external servers, which means that the 400+ hours I've spent building our wiki and forums and populating it all has been for nothing :(

The issue we have is that we have remote workers who can't access our network any more, another great idea :(

So, they've decided to use Sharepoint. Now we've tried this before but I wasn't working on it. The lad who was put in 100 hours and now, even at the mention of it, cries like a baby.

So, just how bad is it? What is it capable of doing? Are there sharepoint forums/wiki equivalents?

so it looks like I am in for a hell of time then :(

What are the limitations would you say?

and more importantly, any alternatives?

Trying to get a webserver set up in the office but no joy yet

Last edited:
Thanks for the info PoD.

I'll be putting a lot of time in to it as I did with the other methods, however I won't be able to get training!

This whole thing is stupid really. We're an internet based company that look over several sites, over 1 million online customers and their bank details etc and they get snotty over hosting some shift rota's and how-to guides online on a password protected server :( Silly for a company that's going to of made £65 mil + this year :(

Not sure on the version yet, got to wait for the IT team to sort it out.

But thanks, no doubt there will be a lot of questions.

It shouldn't be too complicated as it's only for a small team of office and remote chat hosts, so it'll cover daily shift reports, yearly rota's. How to's on site promotions, site games and chat games. Will need to come up with some way of the hosts to report chat infractions.

Small team, small aims!

Back
Top Bottom