Shipping broke my pc....

Associate
Secret Underground Laboratory, Olympus Mons, Mars
:(

Had my pc shipped over from the UK to the US where I now live. It gat a pretty good shake and some cosmetic damage and now it won't boot into windows. It gets to the black XP loading screen with the loading bar and then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

The hard disk looked like it wasn't sitting right in its bay too so I used a linux live cd that boots from disk into the RAM. This boots up fine and I can even make connect to the net and surf etc....

...this made me think that the HD is bust BUT I can mount it under linux and get at all my data (look at my photos etc...). While this is great short term.. its also very strange. Why won't it boot into XP? I'm a fan of linux but there are lots of XP apps that I want to use. :(

The only thing I can think of is that my brother gave me his radian9600pro before he sent the PC over. However, the pc was running fine and didn't complain about hardware changes.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers

Permabanned
If you haven't already, try booting into safe mode and remove the graphics card from the device manager and reboot and d/l or re-install the gfx card drivers.

Back
Top Bottom