Shopping site using wordpress?

Soldato
I have built a few wordpress sites for general use but never for a shopping cart.

I was thinking that if it is built on wordpress then i can look after it moving forward with changes and updates. (after someone else does the original build)

The client has up to 100 products and worldpay credit card facilities.

Is Wordpress ok to use ? or should i be looking at a better system ?

Last edited:
Woo commerce has a world pay plugin.

Careful with Woocommerce though, lots of simple things cost (not massive amount but more than the start out fee of "free") - e.g. I think your about £60 for world pay integration and the same for table rate shipping.

Make sure you spec it all out before quoting anyone.

Thank you

i have downloaded and installed woocommerce with a theme and am having a play around. will take me a little while to get my head around it all but it looks very good so far

Depending on your coding level it is pretty easy to create your own plugins for.

I recently created one for a toy rental company, was much easier than I was expecting.

If you need any help, let me know.

You might like to have a look at WP Avengers. This is a group of WP devs who have forked many of the WooCommerce extensions and provide them, at the moment, free of charge, including WorldPay I believe, but also many other useful ones. No support though. It's useful for testing the functionality before buying the official extension.

You might like to have a look at WP Avengers. This is a group of WP devs who have forked many of the WooCommerce extensions and provide them, at the moment, free of charge, including WorldPay I believe, but also many other useful ones. No support though. It's useful for testing the functionality before buying the official extension.

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 23/11/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Back
Top Bottom