Shopping with the girlfriend

Associate
An hour looking at panties is only fun if she a) has a great arse, and b) tries them on, letting you look.

trouble with that is a) its your birds arse and youve seen it thousands of times and b) your not allowed to try them on, hygiene and all that

now if you could get someone else to try them on, that would be good

Soldato
Yeah I go shopping with the missus every now and again. I hate shopping tho and don't do it too often. She is a pain in the arse and takes forever.

I go food shopping on my own now as I can get it done in a quarter of the time she can.

Associate
you would be surprised at the amount of men that buy womens underwear to wear themselves !
not me though, id end up with a ball either side :)

Caporegime
I go shopping with her - spending hours going round the shops doesn't bother me. I make sure she returns the favour ;)

And to be fair...no real reason why it would bother me...we have a laugh when we go out anyway, it's not "right I need to go here here and here" "yes ma'am" its more like "I want a new top, lets have a look round" "cool beans, I need a wii game as well"

It works...

Soldato
Do you do it? If so, do you get to go to the shops you want to go to? Is it reasonable to spend an hour looking for underwear? Don't get me wrong, I love panties but surely an hour is excessive? Discuss.

We just agree to split up for an hour or two for browsing ourselves then meet up for some joint browsing or basically I have to go an tell her how good she looks in something and she has to come and look at some expensive gadget I've managed to find.

Soldato
Under no circumstances should a man go clothes shopping with a woman. She will only drive you mad taking hours while going from shop to shop and ending up buying the first thing she saw. Take it from me, stay away, only go food shopping with her under extream cirumstances. Generally, they can not be trusted in any shop (other than a PC or game one, to which they find a quick exit). Let her and a friend go out together for that.

Associate
If we're in town and shopping the /f will normally buy me a photography mag of some description. That way I've something to read while she's in the changing room and can lift my head every now and again to give pre-requisit opinions. I get a mag, and she gets a happy boyfriend to go shopping with. Win-win.

Ill also slip one or two items into the try on list that I'd quit like to see her in, then do the whole posiive re-inforcement thing. Works like a charm.

Underwear shops are always fun, but you can do better than Ann Summers. :D

Soldato
My ex had a nasty habit of dragging me around countless clothes stores, trying crap on each one, and then going back to the first store we visited to purchase that item that "just didn't look right" when she originally tried it on a few hours back.

A universal problem indeed.

I don't mind shopping with her. But it ends up me shouting things out in the shops and getting whinged at :p

Man of Honour
Shopping with gf is fine when we're looking for stuff for her, but it's when she's looking for stuff for me which is the problem:

Her: "Do you like this?"
Me: "Nah"
Her: "It'd look good on you!"
Me: "But I don't like it"
Her: "Try it!"
Me: "No"
Her: "Sigh"
Me: "!!!!!!"

Bloody women :p

Soldato
Hmm.. unfortunately I'm still in the stage where you have to pretend you like shopping with them - even though she's a perfectionist shopaholic with a fetish for handbags, shoes.. etc.. but she prefers shopping for underwear by herself.

Man of Honour
It's a bit of a running joke between us actually - I don't go shopping very often, but when I do, I quite often spend more than her. So for example I'll only buy new clothes every say 6 months, but I'll spend over £100. Whereas she buys loads of tat (not just clothes, stuff from Lakeland etc) pretty much every week.

When I was in NYC a couple of months ago I absolutely adored Macys, in the end I was dragging her in there!

Associate
My ex had a nasty habit of dragging me around countless clothes stores, trying crap on each one, and then going back to the first store we visited to purchase that item that "just didn't look right" when she originally tried it on a few hours back.

my girlfriend does that :(

like going to the pantys shops, she can spend all day in there for what i care :D

she does actually like going in game and looking at the latest 360 & wii games tho :/ even tho shes a gears of war and wii sports addict

Associate
If you start to go shopping with your gf, your relationship is only going to go one way. Tried it once, realised that it's not going to work, so she shops with her mum now :)

To the guy above who mentioned Macy's I did the Macy's shop in Vegas next to Caesars and that was a great shop for blokes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom