Shopping with the girlfriend

Associate
If you start to go shopping with your gf, your relationship is only going to go one way....

oh yes? and which way would that be?
the way that - she loves you for putting up with her, you grow to realise that the hardship that is an hour of looking at clothes means that 1.) you get credit for being a good boyfriend and 2.) you get to see her in nice new clothes?

i drag the better half around the shops, partly because i have awful taste and i need him to stop me buying absolute rubbish and partly because where's the fun in wasting an hour by myself when i could waste and hour with him?

Soldato
An hour looking for underwear is better than an hour looking at shoes, bags, and other crap. At least there will be a chance of other hawt women in the underwear shops as an added bonus :D

But if she talks about comfort and support etc etc, just pick out your favourites and pay for them. If she doesn't wear them then tell her how sad it has made you and it would make you really happy if she did. REVERSE MINDGAMES :D

Go for balconette bras (depending on her size), La senza always has some nice stuff, and Agent Provocateur if you are really psuhing the boat out !

Soldato
there are two kinds of people - those who view shopping as a pastime, and those who view it as a means to an end.

my mate was telling me the other day how his sister trekked across from somerset to bluewater to go shopping.... what is there in bluewater that bristol doesnt have? these shopping centres all have the same chain stores...

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Do you do it?
yes!
If so, do you get to go to the shops you want to go to?
yup, but it's fairly pointless as I'm saving at the moment (this statement contradicts the next one!). We wandered out of the Apple Store (I think) on Saturday and she looks at me and goes "you know what we could buy today? A PS3 - we could go halves". God bless my girlfriend!
Is it reasonable to spend an hour looking for underwear?
I personally feel a little awkward going to girly underwear shops. I'm pretty neurotic and it makes me uncomfortable if I see a girl looking at underwear. No idea why - it's the same sort of discomfort you get if you wander out of the bathroom at work and there's a hot girl stood there. Just makes me uncomfortable.

That being said, if she wants you to help her choose underwear, that probably means that you'll get to see it - why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?!
Don't get me wrong, I love panties but surely an hour is excessive?
see above.

Soldato
It's not too bad going shopping with the girlfriend actually.

1. I usually get a present out of it.. :)

2. She doesn't try clothes on, if it doesn't fit she will bring it back at a later date.

3. She's quick in shops, unless it's shoes :/

Soldato
Going shopping with the girlfriend is always painful. The other week we went out and she "forgot" her purse. I had to pay for everything. She paid me back but then she decided she didn't like two of the tops she bought. Because everything was on my credit card, I had to go back down the shops with her. :mad:

Oh well, it's a good bargaining chip when I want to spend all weekend playing GTA4. :p

33L

33L

Associate
I go shopping with the wife - some shops are for me some are for us, some for her.
in clothes shops i pick out what i like to see her in and tbh she tends to like the stuff most of the time. I get in a huff if she has to go to a shop twice. she gets in a huff when i pop down to the camera.gadget shops for a browse.

Soldato
I love shopping with the girlfriend. Not only do I get to go around all the girly shops where there are lots of very nice girls I also get to pick out some nice clothes for her and then treat her to Ann Summers ;) ;)

Soldato
I'm not a huge fan of clothes shopping, so I like to have someone with me when I go. Most of the time if we're out shopping though, we only look in the games and music stores.

Soldato
every single time I go shopping with my girlfriend we have an argument and she has a strop because I apparently look bored... I don't know how she expects me to look delighted at the fact I'm standing in *insert girly shop here*, especially when she goes to try something on leaving me standing in a girls shop by myself looking like a sex pest.

Don
tend to leave her to her shopping so no idea how long shopping for undies takes, did find a receipt a few days ago for a bra/pants which was £73 :eek:

Permabanned
Threads like this make my happy i'm single.

***T , I Used to hate shopping with the mrs. can we go here can we go there. When u finally get imn a shop u want to look around it like qwhy do u need that, what a waste of money. Bla blah blah ............................................................................... :D

Capodecina
Soldato
Thankfully my gf is not a fan of spending a long time in shops. She loves looking for dresses, shoes, makeup etc but generally doesn't spend more than five minutes in each shop because she gets too bored.

My last gf was the opposite. She would sometimes spends hours in each shop and walk out having bought nothing. I remember my calves aching from all the walking and standing around. She once spent an hour talking to a shop owner she knew in Dutch and I had no idea what they were talking about.

She put far too much emphasis on physical items, it was excrutiating.

I also think that any girl that spends too long in a shop is being a bit selfish. It's clear when your bf is bored [and vice versa] and at that point you should move on or stop. There are two of you going out to enjoy the day, the bf shouldn't be there to be dragged around when she goes looking for accessories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom