ShopTo Experiences?

Soldato
I have to admit, ShopTo is not a retailer I've heard of until I saw them mentioned in the PS5 pre-order thread and based on people ordering from them, I assumed they are legit and ordered a PS4 game for my Niece's birthday present.

The item was shipped on the 25th by RM 48 tracked but the tracking code returns "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference xxxx . Please try again tomorrow." as an error message.

Does this retailer have a history of poor service levels when it comes to dispatching goods? Their site tells me I have to wait 20 working days to put in a claim as that's the Royal Mail T&Cs they work to. Seems like a cop out to me, shouldn't take 20 working days to confirm if an item is lost when it should have been delivered within 2 working days.

Soldato
I’ve used them a lot and never personally had any trouble at all. Might be worth a phone call to RM see if they can shed some light on where it is?

Associate
Royal Mail 48 implies delivery within 2 days, but that is realistically almost never the case. Waited over a week for something sent RM 48 a couple weeks ago. I'd wait a couple days more.

Associate
Shopto always delivered my pre orders a day early. Not used them for a few years, merely due to Steam.

Lightly a RM issue. High parcel numbers for all couriers. Your contract is with shopto, not RM btw.

Soldato
Used them allot over the years but never a problem when I did, I only don't use them now as don't find them as cheap as used to be.

Plus customer service isn't bad by any means but slower than used to be which became case when they started to sell other items besides games/consols

Associate
Recentish purchases from shopto were ghost of Tsushima which came a day early, and a PS5 which arrived no problems on the day. I did get an email confirming shipment 6 days after I had received it though :p

Soldato
Not had any issues with them they did go a bit quiet regarding Series X deliveries but it arrived on time and was a system error apparently. Have been using them and Simplygames for years now. All my consoles are from Shopto.....

Soldato
OP
Thanks all, seems like it's a RM issue and I'll wait until early next week to chase them. I'll have to chuck £20 in a card, well bank transfer it to my brother as I don't trust sending cash through the post. I'll give the game to her as a Christmas present instead.

I'm finding RM to be alright at the moment personally, wage slip came through on time as they're being posted due to WFH.

Associate
I think currently Shop To are one of the best online companies around - they still seem able to get preorders out a day or two before release.

Have never been let down by them (including a PS5 preorder) - as others have said I think your issue is done to Rm and the time of the year.

btw - anyone still looking for a PS5 - according to another board it seems Shop To have so far had two further stock drops - when it says "register your interest" - this means its back in stock and they are getting sent out the next day when people register - otherwise it says "sold out" - apparently its a system to stop scalpers/bots.

Associate
I've used them quite a bit over the years. Got both my PS4 and Xbox One from there back in 2013. Also got my PS5 from them this year - all went without a hitch. It definitely sounds like Royal Mail have messed up here.

Ree

Ree

Associate
used to use shopto all the time when i bought games for my ps4 and never had an issue. if i mind right they used to email a photo of the envelope with your address on it too.

Associate
I'm finding RM to be alright at the moment personally, wage slip came through on time as they're being posted due to WFH.

Varies by area it seems, here they're really slow atm. Waiting on something that was posted first class last Friday still! Something that was posted on 48 about 2 weeks ago turned up yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom