should i be worried about these temps

Associate
these temps seem a lil high, any ideas on getting them down besides clocking the pc back to stock or are they within safe margins?

CPU - 38*c idle
PWMIC - 52*c idle
CHIPSET 50*c idle

now its like a sauna in the attic where my PC is and my fans are on 100%.

Associate
OP
like i say theyr idle temps, i use SmartGuardian and am about to go onto BF2, what should i set the max at so alarm goes off, make sure i dont cook my beast

Soldato
Xionic said:
like i say theyr idle temps, i use SmartGuardian and am about to go onto BF2, what should i set the max at so alarm goes off, make sure i dont cook my beast
For the temperatures that the country is getting now they're not that bad though, i'm at 34c with an XP-120 and a Panaflo M1A@L1A.

Associate
38c is not that bad when ya think about it, dual core overclocked in a hot room, doesnt say what voltage u are using but i wouldnt worry about it, u could try dual prime in for 5 mins and see what the temps go up to, for BF2 id put a warning at 55c, that should cover you

Soldato
Xionic said:
these temps seem a lil high, any ideas on getting them down besides clocking the pc back to stock or are they within safe margins?

CPU - 38*c idle
PWMIC - 52*c idle
CHIPSET 50*c idle

now its like a sauna in the attic where my PC is and my fans are on 100%.
What are they at load, with the graphics running as well? Could you duct some cold air in from outside, under the eves maybe?

Associate
i would be happy with those temps i can not get mine to idle below 45c i have tried 3 different coolers reseated god knows how many times must have a bad ihs i think

Back
Top Bottom