• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I cancel my 3800x order? (Upgrade form 2700x)

Soldato
I've just purchased a 3800x yesterday.

An upgrade form a 2700x. Purly gaming purposes. From my understanding there is a nice boost in gaming from a 2700x to a 3800x.

After I sell my 2700x for about £180 the upgrade will cost me £200.

I know I would be better off with a GPU upgrade, but I am trying to hold off until April and Cyber Punk 2077's release.

Should I cancel the 3800x or do you think there is enough gain over a 2700x to keep it?

Some reviews show a big gap in performance other show a very small gap.

Soldato
OP
Where do you find your current machine deficient? On the face of it a 2700 and 1080 should romp through most things at 1440p

It does. In titles that are GPU heavy no issues. But I do find BFV quite heavy (think it's the game) and also I believe titles such as Tomb Raider, Total War can all benefit from a faster CPU.

I just want to make sure that there will be some difference. As reviews out there all differ. Some show nice perf bump others small.

I think it's the minimums where the perf is gained.

It's all so a right bottom to dissemble reassemble PC.

Soldato
OP
When it comes to GPU, the 2080 Super has my interest but I am wondering if I should hang on until 3000 series.

Like I should also hang on to 2700x. :o

I can find reviews where they show anywhere from 10-20 fps gained on the minimums and then there are reviews that show at 1440p the average gaming perf difference is about 3%. Dunno what to believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom