• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should i cancel or wait?

Associate
Hey ya guys,

I placed my order for a 3080 ASUS TUF non OC at 21:00ish on launch day, I am currently P278 in the queue.

Any idea what the queue is like for the 3080 TUF OC, i know they are making more of them than the non OC so is it worth getting in the end of the queue for that?

What do you think?

Cheers

Permabanned
All I know is that NVIDIA seem to be indicating that shortages will persist until Feb/Mar now. I am not sure that helps you decide. I must confess I am considering spending my money on something else.

Associate
Taking theories from other threads, I'd wait a little longer. There has be be a limit to how many 3090s they can sell and when they hit that, those GPUs will tumble down to 3080s it surely has to be close its the one card you can usually find in stock somewhere.

Soldato
Hey ya guys,

I placed my order for a 3080 ASUS TUF non OC at 21:00ish on launch day, I am currently P278 in the queue.

Any idea what the queue is like for the 3080 TUF OC, i know they are making more of them than the non OC so is it worth getting in the end of the queue for that?

What do you think?

Cheers
Kind of depends if current gpu will keep you going. If so I would likely cancel and see what happens in Feb with 20GB version.

Soldato
This is why a lot of people have at least two orders on the go. It just depends whether you can do it moneywise etc. I was reading on another forum this guy had 8 orders in for various 3xxx cards and was still like over 100 in the queue on the shortest one. Funny thing was one of the cards he had on order I bought today as I was quick on the draw. Personally just think this pre-order waiting in a queue malarkey is just a waste IMHO. Either stick with the card you have or watch the sites

VldNQVb.gif

Associate
Hey ya guys,

What do you think?

Cheers
Really tough call. Depends on a number of things, how are you for cash? Did you pay on credit card, finance? Can you afford to keep the queue AND snap one up if you find one?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys guys.

So my current card is a GTX970, and i ordered the 3080 specificly for Cyberpunk 2077, im playing on a 1440p 60hz screen and wanted to max it, been waiting for this game since the very first reveal trailer 7 years ago and playing on my 970 i get a max of 25fps on medium.

It's not a great experance and it's kinda ruining the experance, (although i am super enjoying it still, pretty much bug free) as you can only play a game for the frist time once.

So here is where i lay.

I paid for it with my debit card, and my cash is kinda tied up waiting for it, i currently dont have enough free cash to buy another without canceling this one.

in the new year i have a heafty pay rise coming so i guess i'll pick one up from the alert sites and cancel my pre-order.

Back
Top Bottom