Should i go for it?

Associate
I would say no, the only place you'll see any improvement is in 3dmark06, and its a lot of money, save it and upgrade in a couple of years time.

Associate
OP
its wierd, i still get top 3dmarks which is what i dont understand, yet CS plays like crap. battle field with all on high @ 1600x1200 4xaa i get about 60 - 100, average about 75

Associate
OP
dont think my gfx liked my powerpack goin pop either :) , 70fps is slow when u are used to playin above 100 constant lol :) , stange, 3dmark stayed same 03, 05 etc, just some games gone , even tried a format :)

No swearing.

Gilly.

kbc

kbc

Associate
What are you saying, you'd want to replace your whole system with OcUK's 2.6K system? Money growing on trees? :p

70 frames per second isn't low, are you sure your graphics cards are actually playing up? You certain it's not the at the games end and not your system? Try testing with other components as opposed to purchasing a completely new package PC, at this rate you'd never really know what was the actual problem. Try the SteamPowered forums for some expert advice, I'm on a 7800GT myself and have experienced some FPS jumps. Also, I wouldn't base 3DMark scores going down as a hint that one of your components have gone "bad".

Again, just noticed the topic title, don't go for it if you're system is actually fine.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
3d mark hasnt gone low, they are fine, its just most games have gone to lol :) , i was more in mind of the 3k system :p . but ill give this some more time, perhaps its just CS: source and a few others, wierd, never had any probs before, it was all constant.

No swearing.

Gilly.
;

Back
Top Bottom