• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I sell my 1070 ti

Associate
I managed to snag a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1070 ti Overclocked Edition for £365 or $466.07. My monitor is 1440p 60fps and is paired with the Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd.

Does it make sense to sell this and buy the now confirmed by Nvidia RTX 1070 or is the performance benefit (FPS) for my display negligible? Is Ray Tracing worth it or not? I do play AAA games.

https://youtu.be/mWtD2bCgSuU

Thank you.

Without reviews and knowing the actual performance and price it's not really a question that can be answered. The leak is still a rumor and needs to be treated that way.

What i can say is if you want decent money for that 1070ti you want to be selling it now and not after launch.

is the 1070ti fast enough to play the games you play? that's the only question. Raytracing is a gimmick.
More than a gimmick, as long as there's no software utilising, Ray-tracing "doesn't exist".

If you want to buy something, buy a high-refresh monitor. You can max-out almost anything at 1440p/60Hz with your gpu, anything more powerful will often just sit there doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom