Should I switch to a laptop?

Associate
Hi all,

Im thinking about switching from a desktop to a gaming laptop mostly for tidiness reasons, The wife says my PC is an eye sore and lights up like a childs toy :(

I'd still be docking this into a keyboard, mouse and monitor when gaming anyway. Is this a terrible idea to switch out?

I've seen an ASUS ROG Strix scar I like, Ryzen 9 5900HX, 32gb 3200MHz ram, 3080 16GB graphics & 2TB NVMe Drive.

Will this become over heated when gaming and effectively be an expensive paper weight? Also what is resale like on a Laptop? Normally with my desktop I sell off old components to upgrade regularly

Has anyone here made the move from desktop to laptop and regretted it?

Thanks for the help

Associate
OP
Hi,

Thanks all for your help,

At present I have a setup that my wife docks her work laptop into to work from home during the week. I thought maybe swapping out for a laptop would make the area look much neater. I was worried about performance and resell value and it sounds like they are concerns. I think I'll keep with desktop and look for another solution, perhaps a new wife.

I could look to go with wireless peripherals to tidy up the desk abit, I might wait to see whats in the sales.

Thank you all for the help

Back
Top Bottom