*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
Posed shot in my office.
This is the how it's normally set up in my shack!

:D

Nice! I seen an Apple Watch charger as well?

Ergonomics at my place would go mental if my Mac doesn't have a "stand" to adjust height, so I recently just got a big german dictionary to prop up my little 21.5" iMac.
My argument there, is "well they should have that built in then".

Oh wait, is that the Logitech trackpad? How are you finding it? I tried their original one years ago, but it was terrible.

Soldato
Looks Space Grey? The trackpad is massive; I really miss having a Macbook Pro. Should probably get one in the future at some stage.

Yeah dunno why the touchpad is so big, indeed it is space grey. Have to say after a few days use, I'm not a fan of the keyboard :)

That is a monster of a touchpad!

The track pad is absolutely huge but I don't know about @Will Gill but I don't find it an issue in day to day life. I actually run out of space quite often - It's lovely to use.

However, the keyboard is trash.

Associate
Been waiting (lurking) a while to be able to post legitimately here. Long time hackintosh user but now it's time to go legit:

WAjM8Jb.jpg

13" MBP 2016 256gb without touchbar (a steal at £650), iPad Pro 2 12.9" 4g 64gb with Smart Keyboard Cover and Apple Pencil, Samsung 40" 4K, M-Audio keystation 49e.

Mainly used for music production and photo / video restoration on the side (god bless astropad).

Not in the shot as being returned are a pair of Rokit 5 G3's (too muddy). Going to get another set of Yamaha's. There's also an iPad mini 2, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Air, two iPhone 7+ and two series 1 Apple watches in the family.

Next steps:

Put the back cover back on the home server hiding in the bottom right
Tidy up cables
TB3 dock (can anyone vouch for the OWC?)
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Trackpad 2

Associate
For the lighter tasks I have I thing for the 12" G4 PowerBook. This is my... 6th one.

uSfBnju.jpg
7fb0Ysv.jpg
3JEgm3n.jpg

I use it probably as much as I do my quad i7/16GB/twin HDD/1080p display main machine. Absolutely all of my writing is done in Word '04 on the absolutely luscious keyboard.

I have never used a laptop with a better keyboard, ever. The love started back in '03 when I bought a brand new 867Mhz machine and was smitten with it instantly, so was the person who broke into the family home apparently. It was replaced with another 867 that was used through the end of high school and into Uni, where half way through the school term it rained while I had the roof down on my car. That 867Mhz machine was replaced by a 1GHZ which was used until I got a great deal on trading up to a 1.5Ghz machine. The 1.5Ghz had a faulty logic board (VRAM) so I bought another 1.33Ghz parts machine to resurrect it, but they weren't compatible, so the 1.33Ghz machine ended up getting the HDD/RAM/Airport etc from the 1.5Ghz machine. I sold that in 2012 or so, lived with the HP I have now for 3 or so years until I just had to have another one. Another 1.33 this time.

I tried to buy an Air at the time, but I just... couldn't. The 12" PowerBook G4 is, in my eyes, the greatest laptop ever built, ever.

Permabanned
IMG_1963.jpg

64Gb 8 Plus

Back
Top Bottom