*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Damn you wij, you make me want to post pictures of my studio now.

Having a refurb at the moment though so you'll have to wait! :p

I have a similar setup but with Control 24 desk linked to ProTools and several racks of effects, oh and old dual monitors.

Soldato
Damn you wij, you make me want to post pictures of my studio now.

Having a refurb at the moment though so you'll have to wait! :p

I have a similar setup but with Control 24 desk linked to ProTools and several racks of effects, oh and old dual monitors.

You using Mac Pros in your studio?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You using Mac Pros in your studio?

No, Quad PPC G5s at the moment.

I ordered a Mac Pro at one time but cancelled while I wait for Digidesign to fully support Leopard. Oh, and the new chips seemed like a reason to wait.

Not going to enjoy buying extra RAM though.. :(

Soldato
Here's my contribution, sorry they are a little out of focus, I took them on my phone at about 4am yesterday :)

IMAGE180.jpg

IMAGE181.jpg

MBP C2D 2.3Ghz, 3Gb Ram, 120Gb HDD

MacPro 2xXenon Quad-Core 3.0Ghz, 8Gb Ram, 1TB Local storage and a 23" Studio Display :)

Nice setup dude! Doing a HND in Sound Engineering at Uni and that picture is a dream! Hmmmm, solid state logic....

Plus, you knicked my background! :eek:

Josh

wij

wij

Associate
Nice setup dude! Doing a HND in Sound Engineering at Uni and that picture is a dream! Hmmmm, solid state logic....

Plus, you knicked my background! :eek:

Josh

Hah yes I did steal it for a while, gone back to a nice winter photo for the moment now though :)

Thats just one of the studios, got another 4 rooms with identical spec Mac Pros and HD systems, just different desks / monitor setups.

One is a Yamaha DM2000 for doing 5.1 Stuff, full K&H/Dynaudio monitor setup in there and a lot of nice outboard (Lexicon, TC, Eventide, Focusrite etc.)

A 56ch Amek Galileo in the main studio, PCM/Quested/Boxer/Yamaha monitoring in there and even mooooore nice outboard :)

And a couple with some little Audient ASP desks in them. Running IZ Radar in three of the studios and also have an Otari MTR-90 :)

Could post some picks if people are interested, but its pretty much a picture of a load of studio gear as the Macs are hidden away in corners and racks.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Didn't realise you were doing Sound Engineering Josh!

I've done a BSc(Hons) in Sound Technology :)

Nice studio Wij.

wij

wij

Associate
Didn't realise you were doing Sound Engineering Josh!

I've done a BSc(Hons) in Sound Technology :)

Nice studio Wij.

Not technically mine, I just have free reign of access to it at the moment ;)
I'm more of a live engineer to be honest, spend most of the year on tour but like to mess about when I'm not too busy with other things.

Where did you study at out of interest EVH?

Soldato
Probably best to email, or catch him on msn for a reply to that. :(

Silly fan boy's driving one of the best Mac section posters away.

Soldato
Didn't realise you were doing Sound Engineering Josh!.

I did the City & Guilds Sound Engineering and got Distinction in every part, was a bit easy though. Doing the Plymouth HND Course in Sound Engineering now and loving it.

May go onto uni later on and carry on doing it or go and do an acoustics course at solford or something like that, the course is so wide open to a lot of different jobs in the field so just finding what i like best. I'm quite keen on being a Sound Designer. Foley Artist would also be immensely fun!

Josh

Soldato
Heres a quick snap of mine, sorry its in windows atm though! Believe it or not my nearly sole reason for this is iTunes! Winamp>*

06012008130bl4.jpg

15" MBP/Logitech MX3100/Dell 2001FP

Thats vikki blows btw, and yes she rocks the world

VikkiBlows_Gallery_3_FullSize_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom