Show Off Your Audio Equipment (Thread)

Soldato
Accurate. I'm not a fan of box swapping and have always been drawn more towards active set-ups and at the time these were pretty much the bees knees (which they still are) although in an ideal world I'd prefer something a little less industrial looking. If money was no object I'd sell them and the NAD and get the Kii Three's but they're in a whole different price bracket. Maybe I can get some second hand one day in the distant future...

First time I've heard of those, eye watering prices but then again so are the Focals :p

Have you applied any acoustic treatment to your room?

Soldato
dacads;30479534 said:
First time I've heard of those, eye watering prices but then again so are the Focals :p

Have you applied any acoustic treatment to your room?

There's more boutique speaker stuff which is much more expensive but yes, painfully pricey although from a technical standpoint they're almost in a league of their own and should suit many different room types thanks to the fancy gubbins inside and the driver arrangement. They're also a complete set-up in the sense you only need something to pipe music to them which goes one step further than an active set-up + DAC.

I've also thought about getting the Devialet Phantom Gold's but there's just a few things about the hardware that put me off (the wireless controller getting too hot, buggy software etc).

Alas no - I just have a lot of clutter which does at least help a bit although it's something that's been on my to-do list for a long time.

Associate
Somnambulist;30479082 said:
Accurate. I'm not a fan of box swapping and have always been drawn more towards active set-ups and at the time these were pretty much the bees knees (which they still are) although in an ideal world I'd prefer something a little less industrial looking. If money was no object I'd sell them and the NAD and get the Kii Three's but they're in a whole different price bracket. Maybe I can get some second hand one day in the distant future...

oh yeah I'd love me some Opals, they sound well up my street.

This is the new (home) setup. LSR305s, I have the 308s in my studio,which is soundproofed & where i make bleeps. Great speakers for the price, although they need a sub for any serious work.

IMG_5852_1.jpg

I've also got some nice highfi things but they are out of action for the moment, needs more money to fix :o

Now i've moved away and have time to myself I would love to start making fx/music for games.

Oh, the PC is a scrapheap Dell with Xeon X5687 and other cheap parts, I think i spent about £200 on it and then stuck a 1080 in it & bought the C6 OLED, its pretty good :D

Phones I use senni in-ears cx200 IIs or whatever, and DT770 pros - pretty standard good fare for the price

Soldato
Nice Rasseru.. so is music production you do something in your spare time?

How easy is it to get into it for games?

I have the Adam F5s but the LS305s seem quite popular, not that I see a reason in changing :p

Yeah 5/6" speakers plus subwoofer is probably better than just 8" speakers :)

Caporegime
I still run an Essence STX > Marantz PM5003 (meh!) > Wharfedale Diamond 9.2's. :)cool:)

Headphones wise I only have my Fidelio X1's, but have had various AKGs, Grados, etc in the past.

I do also have an Arcam A75, but I like the warm bassy tone of the Marantz, even though the SQ isn't the best overall.

Associate
dacads;30485924 said:
Nice Rasseru.. so is music production you do something in your spare time?

How easy is it to get into it for games?

I have the Adam F5s but the LS305s seem quite popular, not that I see a reason in changing :p

Yeah 5/6" speakers plus subwoofer is probably better than just 8" speakers :)

Yeah I make weird electronic-experimental-techno music, I have no idea how to get into the scene apart from offer my services for indie games - i've got an idea for something VR in unreal so might do that as some sort of portfolio and just chuck it about. I'm pretty suited to sci-fi or quirky weird sounds fx already but would love to get a decent portable mic and record everything

Yeah the sub is pretty needed if you do anything bass heavy - I even need it for the 8's - the large wave energy down there can suck out headroom so easily

Soldato
My headphones live at work (HD-598C / DT770)

On my desk I still use the Teac A-H01 / Dali Zensor Pico / BK Gemini II setup. I have 3d printed some desktop speaker stands to angle them perfectly to my ears. It's all setup for near field listening.

5uStrl8.jpg

Associate
Techen;30478952 said:
Currently own a HD800 cost me 600 quid 2nd hand and went straight to modding it to fix treble.

Nfb28 2015 version cost me 450 quid and its the best amp ever. Seriously NFB are unreal.

Looking at buying sz2000 and swapping the cups to make them guud and fun headphones.

I did that Techen, had the 1000`s 1st then had to get the 2000`s, the 2000`s have the M55x pads for slam, they are fun for sure.
Keeping the 1000`s incase something happens to the 2000`s, could not be without them.

tCSSTJE.jpg

Associate
Kcbjg7Ol.jpg
qYXh0pDl.jpg
Welcome to wire city!!! Not very tidy because i move the tv to the wall and bed vertical against the wall for 3 sensor oculus play.
As you can see, a bit of a Sennheiser fanboy. The headphone amp pairs really well with the Sennheisers, taking the harshness out the highs whilst keeping all the detail. Well at least to my limited experience.
Each headphone has their place. 600's for all day use. 700's for gaming. 800's for a treat. Ie80 for all my small commutes and around town. Ie800 for long haul commutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
My first 'proper' headphone amp! been using an old DJ mixer for 10 years! Grabbed it off MM for only £80, absolutely love it, nice warm tone, pairs well with my Grado, will grab a DAC down the road.

Still liking the Grado's? Another pair of headphones I kind of wish I could have justified keeping, along with the Fidelio X2's.

I, then you got a bloody good deal on them. :D

Still liking the Grado's? Another pair of headphones I kind of wish I could have justified keeping, along with the Fidelio X2's.

I, then you got a bloody good deal on them. :D

Yep, I love them, really fun 'cans', and yes they were bargain :o;):D

You still enjoying your Marantz? if had the spare cash I would still go for that over the Jot any day, partly because it looks sexy as hell but also I prefer a slightly warmer sounding amp, plus a bonus for me is the marantz has a fixed line out that can to be used without even unplugging your headphones.

Associate
Studio on Flickr
32771343270_a74bea1ff4_b.jpg
Studio[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]

This is my current set up. I have had to downsize quite considerably over the last few years due to growing children and my beats getting in the way of family life.
Had some amazing gear along the way but the studio consists of a basic set up now all software based as software is arguably as good as having loads of synths around! Do miss my Virus Ti sometimes though.

Pc
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Maudio keystation 49
2x pioneer RM-05 reference.
Puoneer HRM-7 studio headphones.
Aston Origin microphone.
Ableton live 9.7 running 100's of plugins ( current fave synths are Reveal Sound Spire and Sylenth will always be up there)

And before I had kids it looked like this ......

The old ship on Flickr

Ive Been producing trance music for well over a decade so if anyone has an interest and wanted to ask any questions I'm happy to answer

:)

Last edited:
Associate
dazlaa, where can I listen to some of it?

Sure mate, you can find me on Soundcloud here : https://soundcloud.com/d-clips

I spent probably 7-8 years sulking after being ripped off by a record label I was signed to and as a result most of my work fell into the Hobby category for a while, however there are some cracking tracks on there. "Rain, QRA and Free me" are some of my faves... going further down the page you will find a track I did of Halo 3 theme, I remixed the chords into something more workable.
If you like things a bit tougher, check out "time extension"

I have 7 private tracks you won't be able to access on there that are ready to go off to labels after having a decent signing with Cloudrush records last year. It really gave me a kick up the bum to start taking the music and making it public again. But these tracks in particular I cannot make public until the contracts are signed.....Ive been grumpy with the industry for long enough now :)

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm, nice stuff. I'm always looking for new music to work on art in Photoshop. Some of it is quite soothing, some motivating and inspiring. Really loving the old 2016 Work in Progress clip. Rain 2013 is very nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom