Show us yer Turkey

Soldato
That time of year again where everyone goes crazy buying shops out of (reasonably priced) Turkeys.

Managed to pick this up in M&S today, the last one that wasnt £50+ organic, Norfolk fed bla bla bla

Didnt think £5.50/kilo is bad at all and certainly big enough for two of us to see through xmas day and boxing day. We got one similar last year, maybe slightly bigger as was about £20

VkAiNQOh.jpg

Soldato
OP
That time of the year when I have to eat something that isn't as nice as chicken.
I always find turkey a bit dry and have to smother it in gravy.
Must be cooking it too long, though I know what you mean as its harder to get right then chicken. However its also healthier and can't beat a good big Turkey leg

Soldato
We're cooking ham this year as an alternative to turkey. I don't mind cooking turkey (especially with a nice sausage stuffing), but we have a lot more people to feed this year, and ham is much easier to cook.

Soldato
800px-Gall-dindi.jpg

Caporegime
https://www.vox.com/2015/11/25/9795692/turkey-large-size-grown
The average turkey weighed 13.2 pounds before slaughter in 1929. By 2013, that number had more than doubled to 30.3 pounds.
In the 1940s, farmers started using artificial insemination to select for the turkeys with the biggest breasts. The practice took off, and today's turkeys are so big they have trouble standing upright and have lost the ability to fly.
stop buying turkeys and supporting disgusting practices like this

Wild turkeys can still walk normally and can still fly, they are also faster at running than disabled farm turkeys

Soldato
Caporegime
Stop discriminating against disabled farm turkeys, they have just as much right to be as delicious as the able bodied turkeys.:D
if humans were breed for food we would all be wheel chair bound 50stone people who can barely do anything but gobble food.

it's horrible and no life at all for the turkeys free range doesn't exist for them... they can barely walk never mind range free

Back
Top Bottom