Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Fair enough. As far as I know its the same mo and they suspect the same person(s).

I'd rather people were aware of potential harm to their pets to be honest.

Associate
Fair enough. As far as I know its the same mo and they suspect the same person(s).

I'd rather people were aware of potential harm to their pets to be honest.

Again, it wasn't meant as a slur against you for posting the article, I appreciate it. These killings make me angry and concerned also.

Regarding people being aware of potential harm to their pets, understood, but let's say it is one person attacking these pets: Is everybody in the South-East of England supposed to now keep their cats indoors due to the slight chance this person could be in their area on a given day?

I have a cat that goes outside as and when he chooses through a cat-flap - I don't see that I should change that based upon these reports. I care very much for his welfare, it's just he and I in the flat so he's a very important companion to me but I have to accept that he might face dangers of many kinds.

Soldato
I thought you had called him Foggie - still a lovely cat though and don't forget to include Millie - don't let her get like Holly and hide away on bed all day.
I had but it did not suit him.
As for Millie I have not changed things at all as I do not want her to think she has been pushed out by the new arrival. She is coming around a bit more each day.
I have since learned that Ronnie was originally called Itchy and was born in 2009 and the address of the owners on the chip register site is at least 2 miles away from me.

Associate
FCyetqo.jpg

Morning Human. Time to wake up.

This everyone is my good buddy Siba. She is a Pure breed Somali about 6 years old. I have had her for a good few years, gaining her through my wife (had her as a kitten before meeting me). This is her in the morning. Every 6am, on the dot, she walks up the bed and lays on my chest to wake me up.

Morning Cat lovers!

Associate
Anyone got any tips on introducing a kitten to a 1 year old cat?

Baggy, (Bagheera) has just turned 1 and has so much energy still, he's an indoor cat and we play with him morning, lunch time (girlfriend goes home for lunch) and lots in the evenings but he's a handful, he's got a great personality, just too much energy for us to keep him happy all the time.

There is a 4 month old kitten looking to be re-homed locally to us. She is reluctantly being re-homing because she apparently has got way too much energy all the time for her young daughter to 'cope' with - Sounds like an ideal match for Baggy but we're a bit concerned on how they'll get on. They're both still quite young so I'd have thought now would be the best time to get a second, but our house is very much Baggy's and he knows it....

Soldato
There are various schools of thought on this subject and one which I needed to deal with. Have a look at this post and subsequent on my taking in of this male stray/lost/dumped cat.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31872860/

I did keep Ronnie and Millie separate the first night but that was more for Ronnie's benefit as I suspect it was his first time inside for quite a few months.
The following day I felt that keeping them separated was going to be difficult as I only have a small flat so I decided just to see how things went. For Ronnie he is not interested at all but Millie is all hiss and growls but this is easing as time passes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Double trouble

20180607_181019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Just back from the vet with young Ronnie, he has had to restart his inoculations as of course no ones knows how up to date they are. Very well behaved in the vets and the carry case and the only sign of distress is he made his presence known on the bus which we were on for one stop.
Vet did not seem to think he was 9 years old and I am tending to agree with her.
Got the chip details so in due course I will change the registration details to mine.
£100 quid poorer but richer in the fact I know he will at least be safe from some of the nastier things outdoor cats can get.

Last edited:
Soldato
My poor boy Ronnie has been beaten up - Let him out first thing this morning and he never showed up till 3.00 which is most unusual - Wife came running in in total panic - Come and look at Ronnie - He was just laying on path on his legs as they do when not feeling well -went to pick him up and he growled and his legs were shaking and he tried to bite me - That isn't Ronnie - In end called vet and it seems he has had a fight - got two big puncture wounds on his back near back leg- Vet said he was lucky it didn't puncture chest cavity - so one injection and two pills later he is home looking sorry for himself - seems it must have been yesterday or day before he got into a fight. - We know who it is - there is a ginger/white tom hanging round

413929448.jpg

413929449.jpg

Caporegime
Which is a real bonus point for indoor cats ;) No fights, no stressing out over territory. No being hit by cars... Just relaxed kitties where human contact and fuss is the centre of their worlds... indeed all they know.

People have no problem with dogs being kept indoors - outdoors only with supervision - and I look forward to the day when you aren't called "cruel" for doing the same with cats.

Mine does go outside on a harness... and is instantly set upon by the neighbour's highly territorial, highly-strung, aggressive and constantly brawling cats. From both directions. You hear them screaming at each other all night long.

So glad I'm not adding to the problem. Waaaaaay too many outdoor cats on our estate.

Frankly it may be natural for cats to go outdoors, but it's completely unnatural to have such a high cat density. In the wild they'd drive each other off/starve until there was only one or two cats per large area. Having 10-15 on a single street is the most unnatural thing in the world.

Soldato
I have never considered it cruel to keep cats indoors as some cats are more than happy to do so but others want to go out and then I feel it is cruel to restrict this even though I am aware of the dangers. My rescue fat Millie comes and goes as she pleases and loves her morning walk with me where she will explore the route. My latest edition, a cat that like like it was dumped and lived outdoors for months also comes and goes as he pleases, this is what they want and who am I to restrict them. Fortunately they do not have issues with other cats or dogs round here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Our Holly is a house cat - she was a stray living on a building site where the builders used to feed her bits from their sandwiches - She will go into the garden but soon comes running back in -
Ronnie on the other hand is a outdoor cat - he adopted us we didn't go looking for him - if he is shut in he makes it known he want's to go out - We just hope for the best for him - A few years back he and Ginger his old mate from where he and Ronnie came from were top dogs around here but as always new cats arrive - There isn't really much you can do about it.

Fortunately we live on a small side road with little traffic - I know it only takes one vehicle to cause a death and that could even happen in middle of know where. Sods Law.

Back
Top Bottom