Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Swapping RWD for FWD is bound to upset a few OCUK'ers

What are your thoughts on the change?

It was a necessary evil, Mazda was becoming a little impractical and the Clio means I can have a laugh but also get other people & even things in it which is a bonus. Worlds apart in terms of driving obviously, could throw the MX5 about and happily remain within the law. Clio not so much but it gets down the road very nicely. Ideal world I'd keep the MX, especially given how much money I've thrown at it.

I think the 182 has aged very well, tidy ones still hold up today.

Had great difficulty finding a well loved one, they're so cheap any scally can pick one up, abuse it & throw it away.

Soldato
It was a necessary evil, Mazda was becoming a little impractical and the Clio means I can have a laugh but also get other people & even things in it which is a bonus. Worlds apart in terms of driving obviously, could throw the MX5 about and happily remain within the law. Clio not so much but it gets down the road very nicely. Ideal world I'd keep the MX, especially given how much money I've thrown at it.

Had great difficulty finding a well loved one, they're so cheap any scally can pick one up, abuse it & throw it away.

I know what you mean, winter has put the final nail in to coffin for me, will be going back to 4 seats, a roof and fwd soon.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
rps20141225_171018_349.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mine was just under 13k but that was with everything well sorted. Only thing I need to do is machine Polish it to take away the swirls in the lacquer and it's golden.

If you're on about a coupe then yeah up to 10k will fetch a good example I'd imagine.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah yeah slightly older or higher miles. All the ones I saw that were in similar mileage and same age with hardtop were around the 11 to 13 range depending on condition.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, wouldn't buy a cab.

Are you going to use a warranty? I'd imagine a gearbox or something on this would be quite costly.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I guess I wasn't letting the right colour combination slip past me and then potentially having to wait ages for another at a lower price to turn up. The only other one I liked was a Grey with Kiwi interior but that was SMG.

Soldato
I don't mind paying a bit more as long as it represents good value, then it can be justified. I paid close to top whack for my current car and I do not regret it one bit, it was well worth it as it ticked all the boxes.

Back
Top Bottom