Show Us Your Motors!

Don
I really like the current E-Class. It's the first Merc design that I would take over the competing 5-Series. I had one as a rental last year and thought it was an excellent car. I especially liked the interior which felt really special.
The only think I didn't like was the duplication of controls. You have the touch arch thing and then underneath it the i-drive style dial that seems to do exactly the same thing. I couldn't fathom why Merc did this rather than integrate the touch in to the knob like BMW do.

Associate
The new run about, replaces my old Focus ST and this is in a different league. Loving it so far!

The only thing I am not so sure about are silver accented parts, think they should be gloss black like the grills so might swap those out shortly.

Have seen a few members with the 140 on here now, any thing to watch out for?

9HtrRk4.jpg

Soldato
IMG_2056.jpg

Lotus Elise Sport 220 (MY17.5)
Elise Signature Blue
Black Pack (transom, roll hoop, access cover)
Black cast wheels
Stereo (with 2 speakers & BT)
Air Con, Noise Cancellation, Carpets, Cruise Control
Black Alcantara with silver stitching
Alcantara steering wheel

My first 'build to spec' ever, but means it's perfect for me.

When I take some better pics I will share.

Very, very happy with this, significant upgrade from the 1.6 and loads of nice little improvements in every area (as well as obvious the big one in power).

EDIT: Guess I need to update my signature!

Hey @alex24

Do you still have the Elise Sport 220? If so, are you still enjoying it? Have you taken it to a track day?

It's a car that I currently have my eye on along with Caterham 7s, but the Lotus will be a huge amount easier to live with.

Would you mind re-uploading the photo please? :)

Caporegime
Is a fire extinguisher in place of the glovebox really the best message to send on a car advert?
Or are you selling it as a "track ready" kind of deal?

I mean at present its got coilovers, front and rear arb's, front and rear strut braces, adjustable front drop links, rear interior is totally stripped out, launch control wired in, and has the fire extinguisher mounted, so I guess its implied that its "track ready" but that wasn't the angle I planned on taking with the ad. :p

I was going to say that it can be supplied 'as-is', or with the full interior re-installed. But if that tactic doesn't work out, I'll put it all back together and take some new pics. :o

Associate
I mean at present its got coilovers, front and rear arb's, front and rear strut braces, adjustable front drop links, rear interior is totally stripped out, launch control wired in, and has the fire extinguisher mounted, so I guess its implied that its "track ready" but that wasn't the angle I planned on taking with the ad. :p

I was going to say that it can be supplied 'as-is', or with the full interior re-installed. But if that tactic doesn't work out, I'll put it all back together and take some new pics. :o
How much you asking for it? Prices seem to be all over the place lately. I was thinking of selling mine. One on eBay from a dealership for 3k......dream on.

Caporegime
How much you asking for it? Prices seem to be all over the place lately. I was thinking of selling mine. One on eBay from a dealership for 3k......dream on.
2750. Its got a lot of parts on it. Including brand new coilovers with sub 1K on. Already had some interest. :)

From the ad:

"2005 Corolla T-Sport, facelift in red with the factory body kit.

81K miles on the clock, long MOT.

Great condition inside and out - Some lacquer peel on the spoiler and on one of the rub strips on one side, paint is in great condition aside from that.

2ZZ-GE 1.8 VVTL-i
K&N Typhoon intake
ECUMaster DET3 ECU w' Launch control functionality
Brand new (sub 1000 miles) Tein Street Basis Z coilovers
Adjustable front drop links with poly dust covers
Drilled & grooved disks
EBC YellowStuff pads
Poly linkage bushings
Solid shifter base bushings
Stage 2 Exedy organic clutch & re-surfaced flywheel
Corolla T-Sport Compressor 17" alloys
2x Michelin PS3's & 2x Pirelli PZero Nero (Michellins are nearly new)
Solid front strut brace
Factory rear strut brace
Aux port retrofit working with original head unit (retaining MPG readout etc)
Rear interior has been stripped out to save weight but I can put it all back in for the buyer
I have a 1ZZ-FE sump pan I can include which I intended to modify and fit in conjunction with an extended oil pickup
Original damped front strut brace can be included
Original airbox can be included

No issues with the car whatsoever, the MOT history is also the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Has had two new wheel bearings on the front (common issue with these)

Automatic climate, auto wipers, remote central locking, electric windows and all the usual bits and pieces, very nice car for daily driving or for a bit of competition if that is your thing.

£2750 OBO

Can let the car go for less if I re-fit the original 16" T-Sport wheels. Also can remove the aftermarket ECU, intake, solid front strut brace, and so on, to do a deal if desired, BUT I would prefer to let it go as-is.

Reg is SL05 DZU. Do your checks.

Located near Brighton."

Caporegime
Why are you selling? It is one of the only reliable cars you have ever had that isn't a bag of nails.

Bored. I've had it over a year now. I bought the new wheels and coilovers in an effort to make myself fall back in love with it, it worked for a little while, and now I'm bored again. Will be replacing it with something which should be cheaper, and more fun. Scratching an itch and getting a couple of K's back to stick in the bank at the same time. :)

Soldato
I'd put the interior back in prior to sale. Surely you're limiting your market by advertising the fact that it's stripped out.

Also, sump, or oil pan. Sump pan sounds stupid :p

Back
Top Bottom