Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Huh? There is no 8v 86. Not sure how this could even be mistaken, the car is nick named the 'twin cam' because of it's legendary BDA-esque 16v twincam motor.

Yeah as Clarkey said they only came in 16v form.

Pretty standard engine, but they rev really nicely and still have enough power to keep the backend out.

I do miss having a turbo though...

Soldato
Finally got round to taking some pics of my new weekend car, I sold the 300zx after 10 years of ownership, so here's a couple of my M3 Evo Convertible after a bit of polish and wax.

Some nice options, heated seats, auto climate with auto recirc, mtech steering wheel, HK speakers.

Great for these sunny evenings. I fancied a proper convertible as the 300zx is targa top and a friend was selling this relatively cheap, 90% BMWSH too.

m3frontcorner.jpg

interiorfu.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
as Clarkey said they only came in 16v form.

Pretty standard engine, but they rev really nicely and still have enough power to keep the backend out.

I do miss having a turbo though...

Sure I read somewhere that they had an 8v engine option with around 100bhp.

Man of Honour
Finally got round to taking some pics of my new weekend car, I sold the 300zx after 10 years of ownership, so here's a couple of my M3 Evo Convertible after a bit of polish and wax.

Some nice options, heated seats, auto climate with auto recirc, mtech steering wheel, HK speakers.

It doesn't have an M-tech steering wheel - which is odd, surely all the M3 Evo's had one? What happened there? It's missing the M3 side strips too :confused:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22924610 said:
It doesn't have an M-tech steering wheel - which is odd, surely all the M3 Evo's had one? What happened there? It's missing the M3 side strips too :confused:

Not really up my e36 steering wheels just going from the options list it says '710 M technic airbag', it also shows option '320 no model inscription' would this not delete the side strips? Maybe they just got changed at a later date.

Man of Honour
Not really up my e36 steering wheels just going from the options list it says '710 M technic airbag', it also shows option '320 no model inscription' would this not delete the side strips? Maybe they just got changed at a later date.

No Model Inscription removed 'M3' from the boot not the sides and that isn't an M-Technic wheel. Looks to be missing headlight washers and facelift front grille as well? Any signs of accident damage or anything? Can't understand why somebody would remove some of that stuff.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Sure I read somewhere that they had an 8v engine option with around 100bhp.

Think they have the 4A-GE engine no?

The yanks do have the DX(ae85) and the SR5(ae86) model with a 4A-C engine, which was a single cam engine, but I think all the jap variants came with the 4AGE 16v.

yeah, it looks like the 8v one was the USDM version. the 16v was UK/JDM. My mistake

i assumed that both engine options were a worldwide thing. either way, i really like them and yours looks to be a decent example Nicfish.

my favourite is the one with the pop up headlights though. if you're going retro, may as well go all out :p

It's a good thing it was featured in Initial D or it'd just be another rusty Japanese hatchback

I would have to agree with that. I think they were championed a lot due to their race series but even without it I think they would still have some cult following

Back
Top Bottom