Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;23194908 said:
I would imagine its so that people can get in the back without needing to ask the front passenger to get out.

Yeah I guess it circumvents the need for the front passenger to get out for others to work out they can't fit in the back and find alternative means of transport.

6UXkH.jpg

Due to a change in circumstances I'm having to give up the Vitesse soon, needed something cheap to tax, insure and run.

Behold the might of 74 rampaging ponies:

medastra2.jpg

:p

It's a 2002 Astra 1.7 DTI LS, despite having less power than my eco-drive watch I quite like it aside the god awful seats (perfect condition, just really bad for my back on anything other than local runs), thankfully I have some half leather Vectra B SRI seats to put in once this infernal drizzle stops.

Let the laughing commence...

Surely the Vit does't cost that much to run that you have to torture yourself by driving an Astra van?

A third of the economy round town, less than half the economy on a run, double the tax and a few hundred extra on insurance so it all adds up, my mileage will be going up a lot after the new year and I'll be on less money so needs must :(

My 420 will comfortably do 35 on a steady run, surely the Vit isn't much worse (or that Astra won't actually do 70mpg?!)

Either way, sad times :( I've driven one of work's Transits quite a lot recently and while I find it hilarious at how slow it is, I can imagine it'd get very tedious, very quickly.

The Rovers are pretty effortless and make for a nice drive.

Most I've averaged in Vitty on a long run is 30mpg, I've tried driving it economically but get bored and put foot down lol

Round town I struggle to get 20mpg, but our council did have a buy one get one free on traffic lights so a lot of stop starting with grand prix starts :D

Since buying the Astra 2 weeks ago I've done 280 miles with roughly 200 miles town driving and 80 miles motorway and have averaged 50mpg with my foot buried everywhere so it certainly uses a lot less than the Vitty lol

Around town it's nippy enough, motorways I don't seem to feel the need for putting me foot down with knowing there's no power there, could do with a bit more poke for overtaking though so a remap will likely be on the cards in the near future, there's a club member in Yorkshire who does them for £130 to other club members which gains around 30% more power and similar torque with little effect to economy so that should sort that out :)

Aside the power it's actually a nicer car to drive than the Vitesse, handling is surprisngly good too but not quite as good as the Vitesse, seats are rubbish but that'll be sorted once I fit the Vectra half leathers ;)

Seems that I'm not the only one to go this route mind, have spotted Rich1988s brother on AOC sporting a mk4 1.7 LS Eco lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom