Show Us Your Motors!

This is the only one I have on my phone at the moment. I'll get some on my camera soon. It's shark grey and purple.

photoxw.jpg

Yay. Another DS3 owner!

I have to admit I agree. CRZ's look awful ( just my opinion, mind - dont throw schoolbags at me :p ).

'Marmite' I suppose. It's like the design engineers started out from the front end with the best of intentions and then completely lost interest by the time they got to the 'A' post. Whenever I see one on the road I always think they remind me of some strange, quirky electric powered eco car.

However, as I've said many times before, I drive a 4007 which is of course a bit of a 'Marmite' car as well. :D

When ever you see a A4 TDI does it also remind you of a boring rep-mobile? Like, 'cos thats what it is?

Generally - yes. :D

I dunno.....It just always seems to be the case that anything with hybrid or electric technology under the bonnet seems to miss the spot when it comes to exterior aesthetics. It's almost like the major car manufacturers have a gentleman's agreement going on that means anything remotely hybrid they produce has to look a bit......well......weird.

And Nath, no offence intended btw, I think the CRZ looks ok from certain angles and its a clever little bit of machinery. Just not my cup of tea. ;)

Last edited:
What like a Lexus RX450h? GS350? LS600h? Honda Civic Gen 1 and 2 Hybrids? Toyota Auris Hybrid? Honda Jazz and the Yaris Hybrid? BMW Activehybrid7? Citroen DS5. Porsche Cayenne. Volkswagen Tourag. Mercedes E300 BlueTEC?

Peugeot 3008 Hybrid looks the same as your normal one.

Or is the point that you dont notice them becuase the design is no different to a normal car? Thats objective fact aswell unlike subjective opinion. I have no idea how a CRZ can be considered ugly.

I think it's a fantastic looking little thing. We need more interesting and technologically advanced cars on the roads amidst the sea of boring Audis.

I really want a Lexus GS450H, too

And Nath, no offence intended btw, I think the CRZ looks ok from certain angles and its a clever little bit of machinery. Just not my cup of tea. ;)

No offense taken! Ice cap melter!

I think it's a fantastic looking little thing. We need more interesting and technologically advanced cars on the roads amidst the sea of boring Audis.

I really want a Lexus GS450H, too

:) I love the GS450H too. Such an epic looking car and the performance/economy is ridiculous!

The new one is absolutely gorgeous looking as well!

When people say they are reliable, is this true? I mean do things very rarely ever go wrong with them? They just seem so packed full of gizmos and tech e.t.c that they seem like they would be expensive to put right/maintain.

Latest purchase. To be honest...bit of a mistake, I don't like the way it drives and it's nowhere near as 'fun' or 'fast' on a track as what I hoped it would be. Looking to change it up for an SL55 AMG or something now I have another car to put day to day mileage on.

394510_10152090368530697_991220976_n.jpg

No offense taken! Ice cap melter!

:) I love the GS450H too. Such an epic looking car and the performance/economy is ridiculous!

I had a GS450H F Sport on loan for 24 hours back in August and whilst it looks nice and is well built the engine and drive train are awful. The CVT box is just hideous and when you put load on the 3.0 V6 is noisy in a very unpleasant droning way. I found it less economical and slower than my 3.0D XFS, and it was nosier and lest comfortable as well, so not what I expected. The 11" screen is nice and the stereo pretty decent but the controller for it is rubbish and makes selecting stuff a very long winded and drawn out affair. Running in pure EV mode was interesting thou.

The new one is absolutely gorgeous looking as well!

When people say they are reliable, is this true? I mean do things very rarely ever go wrong with them? They just seem so packed full of gizmos and tech e.t.c that they seem like they would be expensive to put right/maintain.

Supposedly very reliable, particularly for what they are. I'd not run one without a warranty though. Just in case

Latest purchase. To be honest...bit of a mistake, I don't like the way it drives and it's nowhere near as 'fun' or 'fast' on a track as what I hoped it would be. Looking to change it up for an SL55 AMG or something now I have another car to put day to day mileage on.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394510_10152090368530697_991220976_n.][/QUOTE]

an SL 55 will be as bad if not worse (probably worse) on a track...

Back
Top Bottom